Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Oldgoat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A739A052-BD66-40BC-B84A-4E684C4B21B2 (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

OK, not pinball related but I'm thinking y'all probably has some experience and advice to offer. While I've sold things on eBay and Craig's list in the past, it was a long time ago before all the other sales sites like FB marketplace, LetGo, Offerup, etc. existed.

Given the bulk and weight of the items (Delta Bandsaw, Bosch tablesaw), the sale will need to be local pickup.

So, what do y'all think is the best way to sell these?
    Thanks

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

OK, not pinball related but I'm thinking y'all probably has some experience and advice to offer. While I've sold things on eBay and Craig's list in the past, it was a long time ago before all the other sales sites like FB marketplace, LetGo, Offerup, etc. existed.
    Given the bulk and weight of the items (Delta Bandsaw, Bosch tablesaw), the sale will need to be local pickup.
    So, what do y'all think is the best way to sell these?
    Thanks

Unfortunately it seems like FB Marketplace is king around here. I have no idea why, because it's a real pain in the ass to try to find stuff there.

I would list in as many places as you can though, including Craigslist.

#3 2 years ago

We have a local woodworkers FB page that allows FS post.

#4 2 years ago

Craigslist is still a good place for selling stuff locally.

#5 2 years ago

I always thought from shady to most legit would be Craigslist, Offerup, and then FB marketplace. Craigslist your dealing with a ghost. At least on Offerup there was a rating system so you could see how other peoples transactions went, and FB marketplace is of course tied to a profile. That kind of changed when offerup and letgo merged. Now offerup is more of a pain to use. It use to be when you went to offerup and searched it would show you a price on each thumbnail so you didn't have to open each listing to see a price.

#6 2 years ago

Facebook Marketplace, even better if you crosspost the ad to many local yard sale groups.

#7 2 years ago

Out in front of your local Home Depot or Lowe's.

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not that familiar with FB marketplace. How does one find the best venues for local tool listing and are there/how do any fees work? And is 'cash on the cast iron table' pretty much the standard?

#9 2 years ago

If you want to sell to some fellow pinball and arcade friends, post it on the Carolina arcade and pinball collectors Facebook page. Maybe an ad to trade for parts?

A739A052-BD66-40BC-B84A-4E684C4B21B2 (resized).pngA739A052-BD66-40BC-B84A-4E684C4B21B2 (resized).png
    #10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not that familiar with FB marketplace. How does one find the best venues for local tool listing and are there/how do any fees work? And is 'cash on the cast iron table' pretty much the standard?

FB has no fees. You can post in the general marketplace for anyone to find, and you can add any subgroups. Your town probably has a for sale group or 2 that would be good to cross post in. Usually people have paid cash in my experience. But there is an option to pay through the FB app. You can always specify if you want cash.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

If you want to sell to some fellow pinball and arcade friends, post it on the Carolina arcade and pinball collectors Facebook page. Maybe an ad to trade for parts?
    [quoted image]

Yeah, I don't know, those pinball people are a crazy group...then again, some will buy stuff sight unseen!

#12 2 years ago

So any tricks, tips, things to do or avoid when listing on FB Marketplace?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-best-venue-to-sell-not-pins-but-power-tools and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.