2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Quadrat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hello to all,
    Thanks for taking the time to give me your 2 cents. I’m looking to add two to three games to my collection. This is my current line-up, Dirty Harry, Johnny Mnemonic, Medieval Madness (Remake - LE), The Sopranos, Star Trek (Pro), Star Wars (DE), Wizard of Oz, & World Cup Soccer. I’m mainly looking for games somewhere around the $3K area. Here’s some that I’ve played and are on the consider list: Fish Tales, World Poker Tour, Jurassic Park, Doctor Who, Bram Stoker's Dracula, & No fear.
    It would be great to hear your input on the consider list and other games I should put on the list. Let me know what you like and why also if you don’t like one of the consider list games please tell me why.
    I’ll be going to the Banning show next week so I thought this would be a great time to ask for advice.
    If you guys recommend games that I have not played I can maybe try them next week.
    At the end of the day I think you should always play it and see if I like it or not (Silly me).
    Thanks in advance for your advice, Quadrat

#2 2 years ago

So what kind of player are you? Tournament caliber? Casual player? Do you play your games regularly or is it more of a collectors collection and for parties?

#3 2 years ago

I'm a tournament caliber player. I play the games regularly and I have gaming parties. Most of my friends are more on the casual player side.

#4 2 years ago

I'd actually go for something older and a little different, particularly if you want to practice other styles of games for competition- Centaur, Embryon, maybe even a Mars Trek or a Bally from '76-'78. Paragon is pretty great.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks Law, Centaur is a fav of mine and I would for sure add to the collection. I like Embryon & Paragon but not looking for widebody right now. I have not played Mars Trek before so I'll check it out, cool thanks

#6 2 years ago

Modern games, Shadow or Baywatch. Older games, classic Stern like Nineball or Meteor. Surf Champ is s great underrated EM that has a super tough layout if you set it up hard. For your friends and parties, splurge and get a Scared Stiff.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from SergioJ:

Modern games, Shadow or Baywatch. Older games, classic Stern like Nineball or Meteor. Surf Champ is s great underrated EM that has a super tough layout if you set it up hard. For your friends and parties, splurge and get a Scared Stiff.

Shadow and Baywatch were already on my must play list. I've seen on many many places on this forum about how good they are. I'm glad Banning will have many pins to play to help this all out.
    Scared Stiff is a great game and would love to have one, but If I spend that much I would also consider Tales of the Arabian Nights, Cirqus Voltaire, Monster Bash. Thanks for the advice as you never know. Funny how one game and change into two games or more. And how 3K and change into 5K for the right pin or deal.

#8 2 years ago

Bump, going to Banning next week. what games should I play and consider to add to my collection.
    Thanks for the help, Quadrat

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside