5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1225181341 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I have a few ideas for some small mods that I think would look decent on my WOZ. The first one is to backlight the lane guide sign (the one with the two green LEDs). Actually, I'd love to replace those LEDs with something that more properly fits with the overall brightness/intensity of the playfield LEDs, so that would be another one.

I already have a decent amount of GI added to the game, I bought it that way. LED strip along the top/back of the playfield and 5 more spotlights with the purple/UV kind of light. Works really well to make the game playable in the dark (love it that way, but I wish they weren't on all the time.. guess there isn't the kind of access to light controllers to tap in to you have in a traditional digital game). So it should be easy to tap in to the 12v, there are wires spliced all over.

I was thinking of something like this https://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

Waiting to hear back from them on the size, might be too big. I was just going to affix it to the back of the plastic piece and run the wires down where the LED wires already go. It'd be on all the time, but if it was dim enough I think it would work well. Might also do this to the sign in the Haunted Forest that's sort of similar with the one red LED.

So the questions... any issue with what I am planning? If I can find a LED strip to fit can I just splice it in with the rest of the "GI"? Or maybe would it look bad or any thoughts on actual implementation? I assume there is no "controlled" GI lighting I can tap in to so the lights would go out with, for example, Lights Out mode?

Any suggestions on other places to source little LED strips?

What about green and red LEDs to replace the ones that are there with a bit more brightness. I don't know what voltage those run on, I plan to go test. I figure I could fin something similar, brighter and just remove the ones that are there, maybe have to drill a bit bigger hole but not sure where to source something like that easily.. like mouser or something would really hard for me to find what I'd need.

Thanks!

1225181341 (resized).jpg1225181341 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
13,000 (OBO)
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-a-woz-mod-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.