Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have decided it's time to get my 2nd pin. With getting a new house back in July I thought among the things to help furnish the place is to get my 2nd pinball machine. I remember playing Bride of Pinbot a lot at Walkersville Lanes back in the 90s but then I didn't know anything about the rule sets. What do you expect from a 11 year old at the time. Back in April I played a real version in Las Vegas at the Pinball hall of Fame and it really cemented my desire to own one.

I got my TNG under my belt and now looking for the 2nd of hopefully many pinball machines. I put an ad on craigslist hoping I get lucky a 2nd time around. What would be some things I would want to look out for if I find one in my area?

#2 9 years ago

I love my Bop and am almost done with a complete restore and clearcoated playfield. Love the game. Love the look. Love the theme. Look for playfield wear as this one usually has at least some. Look for wear: Right side chute into the pops. Left horseshoe chute. Both ball drops off ramps. Also paint fade right where the. Mylar ends near slings (in the gray paint). Don't worry about upper mini playfield as you can order new. Check faces of robot as they get ball trails. These faces were recently available bht not cheap. Good luck... oh, don't forget the wicked art fade on the cabinet!

#3 9 years ago

Left shuttle ramp is commonly broken at the entrance from being nailed repeatedly. Make sure the head rotates like its supposed to. Ramps, plastics and cab decals are available and playfields are rumored to be on the way. Some of the Brides have diamond plate playfields but not many, so look for wear in the usual places - ball drops, rollovers, slings. A nice bright display also.

#4 9 years ago

My Bride is one of my most played games. The Metamorphosis sequence never gets old. Especially when you have a subwoofer hooked up to it, its beautiful. I will never get rid of it. This is the only game in my collection that I will put forth the effort to replace the playfield.

#5 9 years ago

My first pin and it is the only one bolted to the floor...well maybe The Shadow as well, but its new...

#6 9 years ago

Love it and am really stoked for bop 2.0 by Dutch pinball right around the corner

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-a-the-machine-bride-of-pinbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.