3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Madmax541
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1125f1.jpg
    1125f1.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys, before I run out of room I'd like to add a classic solid state era table from the late 70's early 80's. I'd like something with decent artwork, a spinner shot, drop targets ( preferably inline stand up) and maybe a captive ball. Was wondering what your opinions were for candidates... Would like to keep it in the 1500 or under price range of that helps. Thanks and looking forward to input

#2 3 years ago

Big Game!! 1,000 max for a nice one.

Nine drops, two stand ups, 5-6 star rollovers, two spinners, 4 flippers

#3 3 years ago

Oh man you are going to get a lot of replies. I could give a list but I will throw a couple out out and let everyone else go.

Space Invaders, Paragon, Xenon maybe if your lucky Medusa

They don't have everything, but . . .

#4 3 years ago

You can get most games from that era for under $1500 unless it was restored.

Quoted from tilted81:

drop targets ( preferably stand up)

What other kind of drop targets are there?

#5 3 years ago

IMHO the game to beat is Flash Gordon. It doesn't get the love that games like Centaur and Fathom do, but you can find it for a lot cheaper than those titles, and frankly I think it's a better game. Hard as nails, fast, tons of fun. Two spinners that are really satisfying to light, 3 drop target banks (one inline) and a "one more game" factor.

#6 3 years ago

My first thought went to Eight Ball Deluxe. Great game. Drop targets galore and the inline drops are just too cool.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

My first thought went to Eight Ball Deluxe. Great game. Drop targets galore and the inline drops are just too cool.

Definitely can't lose with that either, I'd like to add one to my Bally collection. That and Medusa are on my "might be picking up soon" list.

#8 3 years ago

While I think Flash Gordon and EBD are great, he did say $1,500

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

What other kind of drop targets are there?

Ohps! Edited

#10 3 years ago

Good suggestions so far thanks guys. centaur would be ideal but for that much I'd rather put it towards another dmd. Sad but true

#11 3 years ago

If Future Spa could talk it would probably say "Future Spa".

#12 3 years ago

Find a nice Bally from 1979-1981. Not too many with inline drops, but they're all pretty great from that era.

#13 3 years ago

I vote for mystic, it has everything listed and is well under $1500

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

IMHO the game to beat is Flash Gordon. It doesn't get the love that games like Centaur and Fathom do, but you can find it for a lot cheaper than those titles, and frankly I think it's a better game. Hard as nails, fast, tons of fun. Two spinners that are really satisfying to light, 3 drop target banks (one inline) and a "one more game" factor.

I agree with this.

Paragon is also excellent, but has a very minimal sound package (ding, dong, beep, boop, etc).

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

While I think Flash Gordon and EBD are great, he did say $1,500

I paid $1200 for my Flash Gordon. I can get an EBD for his budget too. Right now, CA prices. So it's definitely doable.

#16 3 years ago

Embryon fits the bill too

#17 3 years ago

A properly tuned up Stern Stars will keep you coming back for more and can be had for well under $1500.
    It has been the favorite game in my upstairs gameroom lineup for months now and that's saying something as I walk by Fathom, EBD, Paragon, Star Gazer, Bow and Arrow and Card Whiz to play it.

#18 3 years ago

might have a inexpensive space invaders for you soon if interested.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Big Game!! 1,000 max for a nice one.
    » YouTube video
    Nine drops, two stand ups, 5-6 star rollovers, two spinners, 4 flippers

I second this one. Played the shit out of Chuck's and it was a good time.

But pretty much any 70s/80s SS is going to be under $1,500.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

But pretty much any 70s/80s SS is going to be under $1,500.

I wish! I paid more than $1500 for my Medusa, Fathom, Embryon and Andromeda. But they're all nice, so no regrets. My Space Station and Black Knight both started out as $900 pins, but have evolved to $2k+ over the last 15 years.

#21 3 years ago

Flash and Firepower are two of the best bargains in pinball. They made a ton of each and you can get nice working ones for under $1,000 without much trouble. Nice Flash games are going for $600-700 bucks sometimes.

Great games that represent the "classic" digital pinball experience as well as anything.

There's also literally dozens of classic Stern and Bally titles that are plentiful, fun, and cheap.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

A properly tuned up Stern Stars will keep you coming back for more and can be had for well under $1500.
    It has been the favorite game in my upstairs gameroom lineup for months now and that's saying something as I walk by Fathom, EBD, Paragon, Star Gazer, Bow and Arrow and Card Whiz to play it.

I just bought a working Stars for much less than that and I've played the crap out of it. Fantastic game.

#23 3 years ago

Black Knight is also a bargain, and a really fun and beautiful pin.

#24 3 years ago

Harlem Globe Trotters is a fun game that meets most of the requirements, and won't break the bank either.
    Wouldn't mind adding one myself.

#25 3 years ago

I only have 2 classics in my collection...8 Ball Deluxe and Mata Hari. Both are keepers in my book.

Would love to find a Flash Gordon or Medusa.

#26 3 years ago

Great suggestions guys, some of these were games I wasn't familiar with which is what I was hoping for.

#27 3 years ago

Sorcerer! Has spinners, drops, 2-ball multiball, and an amazing art package. You should definitely be able to find one in decent shape for $1500.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys, before I run out of room I'd like to add a classic solid state era table from the late 70's early 80's. I'd like something with decent artwork, a spinner shot, drop targets ( preferably inline stand up) and maybe a captive ball. Was wondering what your opinions were for candidates... Would like to keep it in the 1500 or under price range of that helps. Thanks and looking forward to input

Quoted from joelreeves:

Harlem Globe Trotters is a fun game that meets most of the requirements, and won't break the bank either.
    Wouldn't mind adding one myself.

I agree. A classic Bally solid-state machine from the late 70's that has most of the features you listed is "Harlem Globetrotters On Tour":
    • Two Spinners
    • A row of inline targets
    • Two kick-out holes

Pretty-decent machine that is easily found and routinely sells for less than $2,000. You can usually find a pretty-nice one for around $1,500.

1125f1.jpg

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1125

#30 3 years ago

I can't stop playing my Stars !!! It looks easy, but is very hard to beat. The perfect balance of difficulty. Usually very inexpensive and a great buy IMO.

#31 3 years ago

Consider these nice bally classics
    Flash Gordon
    Medusa
    Night rider
    Six million dollar man
    Mystic

Drop targets with spinners nice combination

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Batman 66 Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside