(Topic ID: 174165)

Advice Needed Por Favor ; My Tenants Filed Chapter 13...

By Gryszzz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PDX_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Landlord-Tenant laws really differ from State to State. In CA, I can break into your house in the middle of the night, start living there, and it will take you six months to get me out. In ND, if I'm one day late with the rent you're allowed to beat me up as you throw me out and confiscate all my stuff.

Okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration but my point is it really depends on the State. Hopefully there is an IN attorney on here who is familiar with Landlord-Tenant law. Might be worth talking to your tenants first to see if you can negotiate a move out prior to incurring legal fees. Easier to get them to go voluntarily (even if you lose out on rent) vs. going the court route.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PDX_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-needed-my-tenants-filed-chapter-13?tu=PDX_Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.