Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by NorCalRealtor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys. Forgive my inexperience as I'm sure there's an obvious solution. I'm down to installing the last Cliffy protector on my new Tron Pro. It's the one for the left side of the right ramp. I need to remove the switch gate from the ramp to slide in the Cliffy, but the screws on top just spin freely because I don't have the clearance to grip the nuts underneath (insert joke here). What was your solution? Do other parts need to be removed to provide more clearance?

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

I used needlenose pliers to grip the nut. It was tight, but it worked out. (Insert your pun here)
I also removed the 2 tiny screws to the ramp and 1or 2 more ramp nuts to lift it a little first

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I used needlenose pliers to grip the nut. It was tight, but it worked out. (Insert your pun here)
I also removed the 2 tiny screws to the ramp and 1or 2 more ramp nuts to lift it a little first

I did the same. It's the easiest way.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks, guys! Sounds like a plan.

#5 7 years ago

Or use an open end wrench with tape to hold the nut. Thats what I did.

#6 7 years ago

Or just use your fingers under the wrench, but you do need some finger skills! Just did this last night......

#7 7 years ago

Thanks Cliffy!

#8 7 years ago

Take the plastic off the metal first. Something I can never seem to remember for some reason.

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

I went with lifting the ramps a bit and sneaking in the needle nose pliers. All is well. Cliffy's recommendation would've been faster, but I didn't see it until afterward. Thanks again, all!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside