Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My LW3 has been down since August and my kids really want to play it but I'm having some DMD issues. I believe I've got my problem narrowed down and I need to either have my DMD Driver Board repaired or I need to buy a replacement.

Is there anyone on the board that repairs those that comes highly recommended? The board doesn't look like it has had any previous repairs.

I've seen that there is a Rottendog replacement for around $140. I've read reviews on their Power Supplys that are not so favorable. Does anyone have any thoughts on their DMD Driver Boards? I have only seen one used board for sale and the price was $130 via ebay. So the used route doesn't seem likely.

#2 3 years ago

Clive at the Coin-op Caldron can troubleshoot and repair your DE DMD driver board. I have used Rottendog's DMD driver board for Williams WPC and it worked fine in them. I keep one as a spare for my WPC games.

#3 3 years ago

Send it to Clive, he can fix it. Or, he will be able to tell you the board is fine and you need a new Display.

#4 3 years ago

If it's one of the earlier ones that isn't all SMT, I imagine I could repair it. Send me a PM if you like.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside