6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Electrocute
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

408316EC-30EF-40AC-B4F3-63A39D911721 (resized).jpeg
    304841D3-4175-4F76-A702-30CE394F39E8 (resized).png
    EAFCE70D-7925-4FA9-8F22-667BD587B886 (resized).jpeg
    9264FEA8-B6CC-450B-B21A-FC3300DD5703 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).PNG

#1 6 days ago

Looking at buying a new house keeping my collection in mind. Some of the houses we have looked at have a small hill going down from driveway to walkout basement.

What’s your strategy to move your games down and up? Anyone build a ramp of some sort or tracks? Just man up and walk the dolly up and down?

Just curious if anyone has built anything to accommodate this.

#2 6 days ago

Hills are ok going down, but a pain going up. Especially if it's wet, muddy, snowy, or any other form of uncooperative weather.

If you have a sidewalk, then that's usually ok, depending on the incline.

#3 6 days ago

Just invest in a dolly with nematic large tires and you'll have no issues. Just avoid the days it really muddy or you will be laying sod later. lol

#4 6 days ago

Just drive around and back it up to the door, problem solved.

John

#5 6 days ago

I'm dealing with the same issue right now. I've been debating doing flagstone steps as the incline on my hill is quite steep.

#6 6 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Looking at buying a new house keeping my collection in mind. Some of the houses we have looked at have a small hill going down from driveway to walkout basement.
    What’s your strategy to move your games down and up? Anyone build a ramp of some sort or tracks? Just man up and walk the dolly up and down?
    Just curious if anyone has built anything to accommodate this.

I just roll with ours. Strap the game to the dolly and just take it slow. I bought the big wheeled blue dolly from harbor freight and that works great. If you have an extra pair of hands that makes it really easy.

There is one local collector that built a sidewalk that runs from the back door of his basement all the way up to the driveway. His home was a new construction so easier to add to the plans.

#7 6 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Just invest in a dolly with nematic large tires and you'll have no issues. Just avoid the days it really muddy or you will be laying sod later. lol

This exactly nematic (air filled) tires. Dont use solid plastic wheels on grass and you will be fine.

#8 6 days ago

My hill is fairly steep and the route has a curve that slopes down and to the outside.

From the vehicle - machine slides into a blanketed yard cart. Tractor it to the basement door, double wide . Slides from cart on to a HF lift-table. Position, jack up, legs on. One man operation. My dolly now only gets used on the 'away' side of the move.

#9 6 days ago

Here is a picture for reference. I cant get a vehicle back here - but I like the idea of the yard cart on a tractor. Do you have any issues going down the hill or do you strap to yard cart?

I have moved plenty of games out of houses but its only one off so I was just looking for any creative ideas.

Capture (resized).PNG
    #10 6 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Here is a picture for reference. I cant get a vehicle back here - but I like the idea of the yard cart on a tractor. Do you have any issues going down the hill or do you strap to yard cart?
    I have moved plenty of games out of houses but its only one off so I was just looking for any creative ideas.
    [quoted image]

That looks much easier than the route around the side of my house. Use a dolly with large, air filled tires and it shouldn't be bad. I have had one roll over wipeout (Doh!), but it was low speed and no harm was done. It also helps to remove the head to lighten things and improve the balance. Surprisingly, moving NIB games still in the box isn't bad. Either way, it helps to have a second person, mainly just to watch side to side balance and prevent roll overs.

#11 6 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

[quoted image]

This is exactly the kind of grade I have. Get this. Probably same as the harbor frieght one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/700-lb-Capacity-Bigfoot-Hand-Truck/124330274?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=16440&adid=22222222228158747699&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=269472551037&wl4=pla-447593693989&wl5=9014416&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=120813301&wl11=online&wl12=124330274&wl13=&veh=sem

#13 6 days ago

also, invest in a shipping blanket or two and a couple of ratchet straps. Wrap the game and strap it to the cart. My incline also has a side slope, and the game always wants to tip off the cart. Luckily I am a big guy and can hold it from rolling, but someone more of the norm might struggle keeping it upright.

#14 6 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

same approach here.

#15 6 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just roll with ours. Strap the game to the dolly and just take it slow. I bought the big wheeled blue dolly from harbor freight and that works great. If you have an extra pair of hands that makes it really easy.
    There is one local collector that built a sidewalk that runs from the back door of his basement all the way up to the driveway. His home was a new construction so easier to add to the plans.

that's the one I got, works like a charm!

#16 6 days ago

9264FEA8-B6CC-450B-B21A-FC3300DD5703 (resized).jpeg like $60 at harbor freight!

#18 5 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m lost without that bad boy.

So your saying you Loooveee your dolly Chuck? lol

#19 5 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

So your saying you Loooveee your dolly Chuck? lol

Sleeps in bed with me. Wife has to sleep on the floor.

#20 5 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Do you have any issues going down the hill or do you strap to yard cart?

I need to make sure the load is towards the inside of the compound curve - usually just stuff a couple of HF moving blankets. If the load shifts while traversing the grade the weak tongue could potentially allow the cart to flip - just go slow or have the kids stand guard! Never have needed straps.

I maybe should take the tiller and make a cut on the curve, add a rock wall and petunias-- but that means more work and less pinball!

Cheers

Tom

#21 5 days ago

Yeah I have a slightly steeper hill than that and have had no trouble moving pins in with just a large-air-filled-tires dolly. helps to have another person there to apply pressure if you start to tip but it has not been a problem for me.

#22 5 days ago

Looks like this would work great on uneven terrain. Just a bit expensive.
    304841D3-4175-4F76-A702-30CE394F39E8 (resized).pngEAFCE70D-7925-4FA9-8F22-667BD587B886 (resized).jpeg

408316EC-30EF-40AC-B4F3-63A39D911721 (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 15.00
    Boards
    FLIPPROJETS
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside