Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spacing.JPG
    oldgirls.JPG
    doors.JPG
    funlights.JPG
    IMG_0427_s.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    basement1.jpg
    batcave.jpg
    30_January_2013_(6)_(resized).JPG
    house_Jan_2014_(1)_(resized).JPG
    building_(4)_(resized).JPG
    Hilltop_revised_site_plans-5_(resized).jpg
    Hilltop_revised_site_plans-1_(resized).jpg
    twister_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0002_(resized).JPG
    Dayhuffs_007_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 7 years ago

Planing to put an addition on also. It will be built ground level and connected to my walkout basement. 2 things you need to look out for. #1 Use space for maximum potential with minimal cost. #2 plenty of power. Building the width of a building just a little bigger to allow people to walk through. I'm going with 32' wide. I'll get 4 rows of pins. One row on each side and a double row back to back down the middle. This is the minimum width for 4 rows. You can have a person on every pin and just enough room to for people to walk behind them. 36 wide would be better but I have limited space. 40 would be overkill on price for me. I like to use the 3 foot per pin rule. This will give me just enough room to squeeze in between the games for a simple fuse or battery change. I'm going 40 feet long. This will give me enough room for 13 pins on each side and 10 down the middle. A total of 46 pins. I'll still be able to put another 14 pins in the basement family room if I grow out of the arcade room. As for electric. I'm running to outlets or 4 pins per breaker.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, I know that ... But Hilton said he wanted to be out in the country.
    There is still a huge emphasis in the USA on multi story homes, even on country blocks, where there is no need to go up. Building up costs double of building wide, at least here in NZ it does anyway.
    rd

It's cheaper to build up then wide here in the states. Or at least when adding to and existing house.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:Walls are basically the same so you are adding floor joist for second floor but roof size is cut in half. So going up will always be cheaper!

Quoted from rotordave:

As a property developer/wanna-be builder, I find that hard to fathom. A two level house has so much more timber/strengthening in it than a single level house.
    rd

A 2000 square foot ranch verse a 2000 square two level building. As stated roof size is cut in half but also foundation size is cut in half. The foundation and roofing are the biggest expanse compared to a second level of floor joist. It is by far cheaper to build the 2000 sq two level house.

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

i disagree. i do not know one collector that has more than 10 games with a ft spacing between each game,more like 3-4 inches in between games. I know atleast 10 decent size collections around here and they all have less than 6inch spacing between them. Just wasted space to most people and space is hard to come by.

I agree. I use the 3 feet by 8 feet per pin rule. A 40 feet long room could hold a run of 13 pins. I'll have about 6 inches between heads. On my classic games it will be more like 3 inches between heads.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

checking out new options and looks like current possible space will be around 30ft x 60ft of space for the entire area.
    Still likely a ways out but some new options have come to light.
    Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. It has helped me to think through some stuff.

If you can squeeze out to 32ft it would give you the need walking room without rubbing man junk over each other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-from-large-collectors-please?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.