Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesCADSH553.jpg
scan0006.jpg
#1 11 years ago

hello,i need to change a src6 on mpu(f14)in the manual its ( sip 9r. 10pin 1,0k .125 w/r, 5% )
on gpe electronic a found this one.its the good part?? thank you!

scan0006.jpgscan0006.jpg

#2 11 years ago

It will work with some modifications.

From Clay's Repair Guide:

Installing a SR instead of a SRC at SRC6.
In the case of SRC6 (switch matrix columns), if the original SRC resistor/capacitor network can not be found, it can be replaced with a straight SR resistor network (with no capacitor). This may also work with the SRC1-SCR5 and SRC7-SRC9. If this is done, a "1k x 9R" bussed resistor network can be used. But it must be installed correctly! This bussed resistor network will have ten pins, with one "common" pin (the pin with the "dot"). The common pin 1 of the resistor network must go in the board's pin 1 (for +5 volts). BUT the last pin 10 of the resistor network should be cut and not installed in the CPU board, because this pin on the CPU board goes to ground (for the capacitor part of the SRC, which we are not using since we're installing a SR and not a SRC). Using a SR instead of a SRC works because Williams installed some optional capacitors at C49-C56 (.01uF). If replacing SRC6 with a straight resistor network, caps C49-C56 should be installed. In most cases these are installed from the factory, but it's best to double check.

Again, to repeat, if using a SR resistor only network instead of a SRC resistor/capacitor network, the last pin (pin 10) of the SR should be modified for use in the system11 CPU board. Just cut off the last pin (pin 10) on the resistor network opposite the "common" pin. Remember the common pin is the pin with the "dot", so cut off the 10th leg furthest away from the dot.

#3 11 years ago

thank,but the part show in my post,is sr or src?

#4 11 years ago

the part from GPE is a resistor network.. no capacitors, so SR

#5 11 years ago

ok,did you know where i can found a part like original?if its to hard to find i will put a sr resistor.i found this picture on the net,show what you explain to me.thank you again for sharing your knowledge in electronic!

imagesCADSH553.jpgimagesCADSH553.jpg

#6 11 years ago

SRCs are impossible to find. Go with an SR. You'll most likely be fine.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#7 11 years ago

I agree with Chris. That's what I do, when necessary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-resistor-network and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.