(Topic ID: 154366)

Advice for Pinfest (Allentown) first-timer?

By htroberts

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by djreddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

We're thinking of going to Allentown for the first time, and wanted some advice...

We're pinball enthusiasts, but not as serious as many here.

We're about eight hours away, so we could drive up Thursday and stay overnight, or we could leave fairly early on Friday and get there mid-afternoon-ish. Do most people attend both days? Or is one enough?

Any recommendation as to where (or where not) to stay?

#2 8 years ago

My first time at Allentown in 2010, I stayed at the Econolodge near the exit and it was nothing but prostitutes running around, and the room was horrible.
    Stay across from dorny park, the comfort suites is where us pinheads go. Use pinfest 2016 for the code to get the best rate.

Both days are recommended if you are a serious pin head or bargain hunter. Friday is usually a great day to go, but both can be great days. People tend to really pack up shop around 4-5pm on Saturday, so something to keep in mind.

Be sure to grab some good eats at the farmers market across the street and just try and soak it all in, it's a great show.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

My first time at Allentown in 2010, I stayed at the Econolodge near the exit and it was nothing but prostitutes running around, and the room was horrible.
    Stay across from dorny park, the comfort suites is where us pinheads go. Use pinfest 2016 for the code to get the best rate.
    Both days is recommended if you are a serious pin head or bargain hunter. Friday is usually a great day to go, but both can be great days. People tend to really pack up shop around 4-5pm on Saturday, so something to keep in mind.
    Be sure to grab some good eats at the farmers market across the street and just try and soak it all in, it's a great show.

You got a phone number for that econo lodge?

#5 8 years ago

The Holiday Inn was fine last year, right next to the Comfort Suites. I would definitely want to be there as soon as it opens on the first day.

#6 8 years ago

I like the nightlife and I like to gamble , I stay at the Sands.

But the Holiday inn across from Dorny might be the best value, I think you even get breakfast.

They are also bed & breakfast places not too far away if you are into that scene.

Good luck, and enjoy

#7 8 years ago

I wanted to say thanks for all the input. I've reserved a room at the Comfort Suites. Hope to meet some of you guys.

#8 8 years ago

Make sure you eat at the farmer's market across the street. I couldn't believe the variety of precooked food in there. Everything from chicken, seafood to pizza!
    Oh, the show is great too. Lol.
    I love the arcade / pinball flea market. Sometimes Todd Tuckey has a booth or is running around with his camcorder.

4 weeks later
    #9 8 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know in this thread that a master FOR SALE/FOR TRADE list has been compiled in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread/page/19#post-3090677

1 week later
    #11 7 years ago

See everyone next week!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-pinfest-allentown-first-timer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.