Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

OK. Thanks to everyone on this list, I think I have a list of targets for my first Pin (WCS is at the top). Now where do I go to find a pin to purchase and how do I make sure I get a quality machine? I'm based out of the DC area if that helps.

#2 12 years ago

Ask here, find a Pinsider close.

#3 12 years ago

Find a pinsider named B R.

He is within driving distance. Buys and sells 100 machines a year (est) and always has fair prices on quality games

#4 12 years ago

Add a location to your Id so people know where you are.

#5 12 years ago

Other than buying from a reputable pinsider I would learn how to troubleshoot and run the self test modes yourself and then check Craigslist constantly. I mean CONSTANTLY. In my area if a good deal goes up the seller could get multiple calls within mere minutes. I have contacted sellers within ten minutes of a post, never heard back, and then an hour later post is deleted due to being sold. If you have a smart phone there are apps that you can get that will check CL for you and alert you when any key words (like pinball) pop up.

#6 12 years ago

Also be patient. Unfortunately pinballs aren't sold at the mall and you may have to wait weeks or even months for the perfect one to come around.

#7 12 years ago

I honestly believe if you pay attention here you can get everything. prices won't be steals. They'll be fair, from people you can trust.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

They'll be fair, from people you can trust.

And IMO really for your first pin that's what you're looking for. I love a nice roughed up game that i can tear down and fix back up, but for my first I needed something that was ready to play wiht no issues. Then you can slowly learn what you need to.

#9 12 years ago

Really good deals on craigslist usually get flagged once the buyer contacts the seller. It's a dirty tactic that way nobody else can have a shot at getting in touch. Best to buy from someone reputable on here that will give you full disclosure on their machine. Sometimes saving some money could end up costing you more down the road. Good luck on your search.

#10 12 years ago

take your time

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

I honestly believe if you pay attention here you can get everything. prices won't be steals. They'll be fair, from people you can trust.

Doc's got it right, stick with this group and let people know what you are looking for and somebody will know somebody! GL

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from terrable:

take your time

+1 Took me 6 months for me to get my first pin.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

docscott said:I honestly believe if you pay attention here you can get everything. prices won't be steals. They'll be fair, from people you can trust.
Doc's got it right, stick with this group and let people know what you are looking for and somebody will know somebody! GL

Agree 100%. If you're unsure about, well, just about anything pinball related, trust the Pinside community. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more helpful group of people.

#14 12 years ago

There are a ton of pinheads in the DC area. Check out FSPA and connect with guys there. I have some good friends in the area if you want me to hook you up with a local that could steer you in the right direction. Drop me a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-novice-buyer-where-to-shop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.