Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_000301.jpg
WP_000299.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Corny:

...but I have two coils with arms on them, I noticed that these arms rest against the playfield. So when the coil de-activates these arms slam back against the playfield, this does not seem right to me, can anyone confirm?

What the hell now? Were are they on the playfield...what do they do?

#10 12 years ago

After playing it for a long time and learning everything as said above, Get familair with underneath the playfield because you are going to need to clean that. There is probably a good chance the subway ramp under playfield is dirty. Just remember there's no point cleaning the top if the bottom is filthy.

The one thing I would advise against....seriously advise against, is doing a complete tear down, or taking everything off just because you can. "Oh cool what this? lets just unscrew that and put these parts over here....yippee this is fun!" Seriously. I did that with my TZ which was my first pin, and the damn thing was in tatters for a long long time. It's not the simplest machine to deal with for your first.

I would cliffy the slot and that's aboot it. I don't go for any switch plates personally.

EDIT: Most important for me is taking a TON of pics everytime you take anything apart. In fact, take a ton of pics now so you can have before and after pics. These pics will come in handy at other points to when you forget how a wire was laid.

And make sure to write your sobor self notes when your drunk self starts taking things apart at 3am.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

And when you think you've taken enough... take more!!!
Lots of close-ups for when you just can't remember what nut, or wire, or set screw goes where.

Yep...and we mean like, "hundreds," for sure.

As for the coil arms are we talking top of PF or under? The only thing i can thing that should be slapping against the playfield is the underside of the slingshot arms...which should be fine it they are fine on the top.

And if those video links don't do it for you order TOP #3. Which is great to have anyway.
http://www.pinrepair.com/top/

#21 12 years ago

First time I tore everything down I'd wake up and there would be a sandwhich bag with a piece of paper and 3 screws in it. The note would say "Goes by that thinggy."

I still have some of those bags....and the parts...hmmmm.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

That slot outhole wont look new forever. I also did the powerfield edge protector on mine along with the GLM mini-switch kit and that part of the game looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better than factory.
Thanks Cliffy!

It certain(t)ly doesn't look worse to have it on the machine. I would say the Slot is a must really.

As for the rest Drano is right on. I will say it looks a ton better...BUT I don't know if you want to go taking off that powerfield as a noob. You may want to ease into that one.

#26 12 years ago

Well there you have it. Screw it all and rip it off. My as well buy the pricey stuff now for the powerfield and deal with it while it's off.

Remember to take that subway off and clean the crap out of it. BTW, I put mine in the dishwasher on no heat like many people have said and it melted it...so umm yeah...i don't advise it.

#28 12 years ago

What would the world do without Cliffy protectors? Well I know I would be staring at a pretty crunchy kickout hole in my TZ...no thanks!

#30 12 years ago

One day they'll be on to cover the kick out in PM. Around the time I actually get it working 100%

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Corny:

I was wondering if any regular stores would carry these sleeves?

Not that I've ever heard of. I would say it's safe to assume at first.
Straight away I would just order all new sleeves for every coil you have, and some extras. They're cheap and good to have laying around. If one is cracked I'm guessing all the others are not tip top shape. Replacing sleeves is pretty much standard precedure when getting a pin that hasn't been shopped out. Very easy to replace, can make a huge difference, and should be done. Coils rarely are the culprit.

I',m still a little confused about the "rocket arm" being on the PF. Needless to say, if when the rocket activates the pusher literally hits the PF that is absolutely not supposed to happen. What happens to the ball when it's kicked out? Shoot out powerfull and into the Hitchhiker? Just a guess sounds like it isn't secured correctly/enough to the PF and its shooting it out low.

Post a pic of the damage.

#34 12 years ago

Ok well first off that's the underside of the PF...I was worried it was the top.

Hmm...I don't know if that is normal. So per the manual, is the coil/sleeve/spring/ all situated the correct way? The whole mechanism seems stable and attached?

#36 12 years ago

Righto. Without looking I don't think this is a big deal. If no one else chimes in I'll take a look at mine and report back.

How the PF on that thing? clean as a whistle now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-noobie-restore?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.