Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kevmad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Second, from those who have been there and done that, would you say it is better to start out with a less expensive machine and work your way up to an Addams Family or the like or just go for that "holy grail" machine that you might be happy with by itself vs the others which would likely not be enough to be the only machine in the collection? I'm not sure that made great sense but hopefully you get the idea.

When I started, I wanted games like Funhouse, TZ, Whitewater, and maybe Addams Family. After discovering how expensive these type of games get and how they can be hard to find, I turned to cheaper games that are easier to find. I was also nervous getting a game like TZ because I thought it would be a maintenance nightmare. I ended up getting other games for different reasons. No regrets but do wish I jumped on the games I really wanted. I finally got a TZ earlier this year and really feels good to own one. Truth is maintenance on pins is pretty much the same and once you get your feet wet it's not that bad. I would try to play as many pins as your can. Get a feel for what you like and go for the ones that are the most fun to play game after game. All games are fun at first but some get old fast.

On the flip side, getting expensive A-title games or NIB games is great but tough to build up a collection for a beginner due to cost. Any one game can get old fast when that is all you have to play. It also gets annoying when the game breaks and there is nothing to play. There is some value in getting cheaper games to build up a 3-4 pin collection then trading your way up to those more expensive games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-first-pin?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.