20%
  • DP 16 votes
    23%
  • Maiden 9 votes
    13%
  • GB premium 2 votes
    3%

(70 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 4 years ago

If you get SW I recommend turning stacking modes off. SW is much easier to understand and more immersive if mode stacking is turned off. I don’t know why it’s setup for stacking as a default.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I wouldn't be able to reach Emperor without stacking. Plus, I believe stacking adds a bit more strategy, by figuring out which modes to stack together. If I ever get to feeling it is too easy to reach Emperor, then I will turn it off. As it is, I like starting a game knowing there is a chance of getting there...although I've only done it like 4 or 5 times. Last time I failed to defeat him...really enjoyed what happened after that. Bottom line is that I feel SW has enough options to make it more or less challenging based on personal preference and skill.

I totally get that. I’m glad it’s an option so everyone can play the way they want. Its definitely harder to get to the end if you have stacking off, but I’m ok with that.
When stacking is on I’m only looking at lit shots. Shooting them doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything specific. But when it’s off the modes really shine. It feels like I’m in a scene from the movies.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am not clear on the multiplier how do you move it around and how is it increased so much like 40x (example)?

Green X shots are multiplied.
Push the action button and they turn red. While they’re red you can move them with the flipper buttons. Push the action button again to make them green.

To increase the multiplier you hit the 3bank under the mini LCD. You can get up to a max of 20X by hitting the bank. There is also an award to get double multipliers that you get by hitting the FORCE targets a number of times or as a mystery award. That’s how 40x is possible.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is video mode optional? Can it be disabled??
I wish there never was a video mode on any pinball machine. If I want to play a video game I’d play one on a phone or console or computer not on a pinball machine.

It can’t be disabled. But you can lower the time limit. I think as low as 5 seconds?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-against-sw-premium-?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.