20%
  • DP 16 votes
    23%
  • Maiden 9 votes
    13%
  • GB premium 2 votes
    3%

(70 votes)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Green X shots are multiplied.
Push the action button and they turn red. While they’re red you can move them with the flipper buttons. Push the action button again to make them green.
To increase the multiplier you hit the 3bank under the mini LCD. You can get up to a max of 20X by hitting the bank. There is also an award to get double multipliers that you get by hitting the FORCE targets a number of times or as a mystery award. That’s how 40x is possible.

Ok that’s a bit more clear thanks.

#52 4 years ago

Easy way to use the multipliers is move them to common shots like the horseshoe and death star then just leave them. It's really hard to move them while the ball is in play with the speed of the game. You also have to keep hitting the shot bank to keep the multiplier up. You will hear beeping warning you multipliers are about to expire and drop back down to 2x.

Only part I really don't like in SW is the video mode. It just drags on forever and pointless. You just plow through the potatoes and it means nothing. Points are confusing, there is nothing to collect like extra balls, and it's the same stupid thing every time. Amazing this is the best they could do with the Star Wars universe. At least throw in some Tie fighters.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Easy way to use the multipliers is move them to common shots like the horseshoe and death star then just leave them. It's really hard to move them while the ball is in play with the speed of the game. You also have to keep hitting the shot bank to keep the multiplier up. You will hear beeping warning you multipliers are about to expire and drop back down to 2x.
Only part I really don't like in SW is the video mode. It just drags on forever and pointless. You just plow through the potatoes and it means nothing. Points are confusing, there is nothing to collect like extra balls, and it's the same stupid thing every time. Amazing this is the best they could do with the Star Wars universe. At least throw in some Tie fighters.

Is video mode optional? Can it be disabled??

I wish there never was a video mode on any pinball machine. If I want to play a video game I’d play one on a phone or console or computer not on a pinball machine.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is video mode optional? Can it be disabled??
I wish there never was a video mode on any pinball machine. If I want to play a video game I’d play one on a phone or console or computer not on a pinball machine.

It can’t be disabled. But you can lower the time limit. I think as low as 5 seconds?

#55 4 years ago

#56 4 years ago

+1 on SW premium.
I had mine ordered right when they announced it and it's been nailed to the floor since. At first glance it doesn't look like there's much going on with the Playfield, which is a common critique, but as soon as you start playing that game you find that it is hard one to walk away from. A definite one more game kind of game for me. The hyperloop is one heck of a shot and nailing it never gets old. There is a lot of hurry ups that are embedded in the game that add a lot to the modes, which are plenty, multi balls and victory multi balls, I think this game is a winner.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hmm. What do you mean? Something tells me I owned the game a year - and beat it twice! - without knowing something important!

What I mean is reading the board so to speak. Look at the inserts of the missions when selecting a mission and not the display. Display is confusing. When you’re selecting a mission the inserts show which mission it pertains to so it’s easier to follow along with progression.

2 weeks later
#58 4 years ago

Update....

I am fortunate to have two arcades close to my vacation place and the arcades get a lot of the new pins (I mean Stern, JJP not the other stuff unfortunately, they did have a TNA but rotated it out so it might not have been a money maker for them).

Anyway went to play SW and compare to others (DP, JP, MM) that's about it. They have Munsters, GotG, GoT, Elvira, BKSOR, Wonka, MB etc.. but specifically I am looking at:

SW
JP
DP
MM
(Iron Maiden) now I have Maiden in my collection but it's temporary and will be replaced shortly with my Tron.

I got a better feel for SW, I was sorry that both arcades had the premium because I wanted to play both pro and premium. I quite like SW and the premium is nice. Love the Hyper loop but don't like the way it is over the flipper area. I didn't get too many rejects from the jump ramp and it seems like it gets out of the way when the ball travels the opposite way on the loop but it's not instantaneous so I suspect the pro is better in that regard.

I played a bit of DP pro and premium and feel like the premium is better (like the drops and the loop ramp).

I played JP and feel like the premium extras are really worth it, I didn't really get the T-Rex to grab the ball but it looks great with movement and the Raptor area is better on the premium. I am not sure if I love JP layout it has quite a bit of fussy stuff or maybe just very packed. That's great but I think the upper loop is not as well defined and I hit it more by accident the far right ramp is also quite difficult to hit. Overall don't get me wrong, I love ramps but maybe 4 ramps is making everything feel a bit tight.

MM remake this is a tough one, the game they had was well worn from being on location for a number of years it was dirty and dark looking. I think that I like the idea of MM more than I actually love playing the game. Now I love MM and it plays well but I was thinking of the Royal edition because I like newer games and it's the Cadillac of pins and GCG makes high quality but I just can't get over the price ($2000 more than my AFM which had shaker, mirror blades and topper, in fact AFM has the same stuff as MM royal for $2000 less).

Basically I am still undecided, would like any of them and Iron Maiden as well but nothing has taken the lead yet.

#59 4 years ago

I placed an order for Star Wars Premium with Comic Art TODAY! It’s an amazing machine, I own Deadpool, also very fun but Star Wars also has history as a kid with me. Jurassic Park, very fun but I like SW and DP better ... just my thoughts.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I placed an order for Star Wars Premium with Comic Art TODAY! It’s an amazing machine, I own Deadpool, also very fun but Star Wars also has history as a kid with me. Jurassic Park, very fun but I like SW and DP better ... just my thoughts.

what made the premium decision? was it just gameplay or was the art a factor as well?

I think would prefer pro cabinet with premium game and premium translight.

I want to play a pro to see if much is missing with not having the hyper loop.

#61 4 years ago

The hyperloop is pretty cool. Getting multiple balls in there is the best.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Totally agree. Having a few balls flying around the hyperloop while you are shooting on the PF just puts a smile on my face. One of the coolest toys/attractions in any game I've owned. Build quality is also great on my LE. I have a love/hate with the gameplay, however the theme integration rocks and there are many different ways to approach the gameplay (making it more compelling for home use).

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have not got multiple balls on the loop yet.

Quoted from snaroff:

I have a love/hate with the gameplay, however the theme integration rocks and there are many different ways to approach the gameplay (making it more compelling for home use).

I found that it plays very hard and unforgiving but I like hard brutal pins, at least it allows the modes to continue after you lose a ball otherwise it would be maddening.

#64 4 years ago

I know not everyone loves SW but this video gives me some more fuel to the fire. I have Maiden pro and it shoots great, great shots, great rules but as these guys say it just doesn't feel like you are accomplishing a lot, completing modes is like checking off a box but in SW it's like playing through classic movie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-against-sw-premium-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.