20%
  • DP 16 votes
    23%
  • Maiden 9 votes
    13%
  • GB premium 2 votes
    3%

(70 votes)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Hello. Have an itch to buy xyz something new and had been leaning towards DP or JP or Maiden.

Currently have Maiden pro but it’s only a temporary trade will be replaced by my Tron shortly.

I have limited time on these pins but some time enough to say that DP, JP and Maiden click with me and I’d be fine with them. Example was looking at BM66 and really dislike this game. GOTG, Munsters and BK SOR don’t interest me.

I’ve played SW premium a few times but haven’t understood what was going on (almost like GOT where I think if I was able to have it in home would pick it up). I am disliking the button mashing or video modes in pinball.

If I was picking my main likes of pinball it’s Rules (first of all) layout (How does it shoot) next most, toys and lights are important too. I know SW lacks in the toys department but maybe the hyper loop is one and death star so was leaning towards the premium.

Of all pins mentioned this is the one that interests me the most as a theme and assets. I’m 54 and saw SW in the theatre when I was 12 years old. I’m most fond of the original trilogy. I like that this pin has assets from the movies not just a name only theme like TWD or JP for example. Not that I am opposed to name only theme like JP which I like what they did do with JP and TWD, but SW with movie assets is just what I’d want.

Can you give opinions good or bad on SW? Is the premium the way to go? How is the depth and longevity of the rules and is the code well done?

Do you consider SW on par with DP, JP, and Maiden or no?

#2 4 years ago

SW is really polarizing. Some people love it and others hate it. I had a pro and think it is great. One of the few games I would buy back if I had space. I feel that the code is one of the best ever made. There is so much to do and you determine where you want the shots to be as you get to control the bonuses. It really plays like nothing else. If you like the theme as I do and it sounds you do, go for it. It is fast and brutal though. Non-pinball people hated it when they played it as games can be over really quickly. I also hated it on location because of how quickly the games were finished. In a home, I think this game shines.

#3 4 years ago

I have a pro and really like it. The rules are great and it's very fast and exciting. IMO it's a better home game because you need to learn the rules before it will fully click.

The premium hyperloop is fun, but the fork that lifts the ball gets in the way too much for me. So the difference between pro/premium is a wash for me (except for price).

#4 4 years ago

Thanks.

Just to add, I was reading the reviews mix some love some hate. But does it have satisfyingly shots? I mean look at my collection have SM mainly because that Venom ramp. Sold SM and got it back not the most interesting in rules but it shoots like butter and ST premium also. I owned AcDc premium for a long time didn’t need to sell it but was clearing the deck for something new.

Like I said played BM66 so much and can’t get a feel it just plays like crap to me clunk city. DP has a bit of an odd shot feel but it has satisfying shot of the right ramp plus the snikt shot. Just making good shots is fun.

#5 4 years ago

If you get SW would definitely go premium or LE. (Seems like LE’s are the better deal right now.) The hyperloop is a major plus. With that said, I think IMDN, DP and JP are all much better games. SW has very good, pretty deep rules that are straightforward once you own the game. The multipliers can be a con since they have such a huge effect on score, but there is a clear risk-reward tradeoff and you can ignore in non-competitive play. The major issue for me is that the game is just too brutal. I love tough games like IM and TWD but SW is constant brutality with no real way to avoid.

#6 4 years ago

There was an LE in the company office I got a couple of hundred plays in on and a Pro at the local arcade I have played a couple of dozen times. Personally, I prefer the Pro from a play perspective. Don't get me wrong, the hyperloop is a fantastic toy but my main complaint is the deathstar shot in the Premium/LE. It is hard to get the ball up that ramp... you have to be dead on in order to get it to work. As a result I believe the Pro is substantially easier... not from a programming point of view but because it works as designed. I really liked the Star Wars... even playing it on older code that never got updated. I think it finally got updated before it got donated to Walter Reed. It is a fantastically deep game that is hard to master, with many different modes and strategies. I actually liked the tie fighter button mashing aspect because it was a big risk/reward. You have to take your hands off of the flippers to mash that button, which is obviously risky. If you want to get time on one local there is a pro at Crabtown USA in Glen Burnie 45 minutes south of you. There are about 35 pins there and good food so if you've never been it is 100% worth a trip. Now should be a good time to get a Star Wars with NIB options for original or new art, and a deflated used market due to the new art packages showing up on the market.

Both games are fantastic and you can't go wrong.

#7 4 years ago

I have the Pro and really like it. I feel the death star shot is easier on the pro and given it's importance and my skill level its what I need.

Concerning satisfying shots I would say somewhat, but when you beat an objectives thats very satisfying (escape from Boba Fett, light saber duel, destroying death star, beating a mission, etc.)

I seem to get the most bang from playing Han and selecting Endor to get to death star. I think it's a blast others would disagree.

#8 4 years ago

I bought a NIB SW Premium in May...I play the heck out of that thing. It is always a challenge and the hyperloop (which is a must) never gets old...There is just something so satisfying that no pin I've played yet can deliver (well, I'll wait until my JP Premium gets here)...but completing a Planet mode with a DeathStar shot up to the hyperloop just gets me everytime...So DAMN awesome...probably the best shot in pinball, because 9/10 it is nothing but skill that gets the ball up the ramp and doing it when you need it is key (I just kept practicing until I could hit the DeathStar from either flipper and either from a trap or on the roll- to me this has been key in getting the most out of the game and being able to string modes together to get to multiple Victory multiballs)... also the lightshow and calouts which create moments are super. Definitely one of the best light shows out there by far. I have my pin set up exactly at 6.5 and can regularly hit the shots but even then, I hit some bricks which in Star Wars Premium can equal instant death down the Outlane or SDTM. Regardless, it has me pushing play repeatedly and just does not get old...I even still watch the cutscenes even though I've seen them over and over...But the game is so deep, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get to Jedi Multiball. The ruleset really shines in the home as it's depth allows strategy and pacing that's really only suited for the home IMHO. I will never sell mine.

#9 4 years ago

I was on the fence about getting an SW but after owning one for a while I really enjoy it very fast game with lots of different ways to play it. The music and callouts in the game are cool to hear with the volume turned up I would recommend it.

#10 4 years ago

I own an SW premium, so I’m biased. But it sounds like you and I like and dislike the same type of games. SW really is a great game. Shots are very satisfying and the rules are fantastic. You did mention you don’t like button mashing. Between moving the multiplier and destroying tie fighters, there is a lot of button mashing. Also if any non pinball people play your games, they won’t like SW. Like everyone has mentioned, it can be very brutal. But I kinda like the shorter games for the home.

#11 4 years ago

In addition to what I posted above. SW Premium will make you a better player in ALL pinball games. Your shot concentration can become so focused that one day it just clicks and you can start picking off shots just based on timing the roll off a flipper position, or hand reaction time to a flipper button press, and sometimes without even looking at the playfield, or by the ability to think ahead of the ball that you can get 3x4x5x combos that were planned and not just reactionary saves...

#12 4 years ago

Made poll changed Elvira to GB premium because never played Elvira not a good poll choice. GB has been on my radar but code was always bad mouthed now it seems better.

#13 4 years ago

Following this. I've wanted a SW premium since release but just couldn't fully pull trigger due to lack of toys and playfield art. Now with new art, I'm really interested in it. I've always thought it was fun, but was also concerned if game code wasn't deep enough to last in a collection. Seems like a lot of people defeat the emperor, and I'm curious if that is easier to get to than most final wizard modes?

#14 4 years ago

SW is a fun game but is polarizing. It's a fun shooter and fast but can be frustrating if not setup right. One on location near me is not level and shots to the horseshoe loop result in stdm drains. Not uncommon to have outlane drains straight from plunge, too. I really like the shot multiplier feature where it's always a part of gameplay. 40x can make for some silly scoring but that's part of the fun. Smashing the lockbar button is also fun since it requires taking a hand off a flipper. Code is still a little confusing with all the colors and different paths but I kind of get it. Theme integration could be better but not the worst either. New art looks much better imo but better off finding deal on a used one.

#15 4 years ago

rai You have a nice and varied collection, so I think SW would fit in fine. SW might not last in a small collection. The shots and drains can be frustrating, but I like the speed of the game and it's become my "go-to" machine when I want a little punishment or to practice skills. The code is a mixed bag as well. The modes aren't particularly deep, but there seem to be some neat strategies on maximizing scoring and the light show is one of Stern's very best, especially during hyperloop multi ball, Boba Fett, and light saber duel. I really like the moving shot multiplier target and the hyperloop, even though I'm not great maximizing their potential. And there are lots of little accomplishments to achieve as well.

I'd rather shoot SW than DP, but I think DP is more fun as a game. Though BM66 probably has deeper code, most days I'd rather play SW because it's much faster and more challenging. IM probably has a better layout and is more fair so it's better to play on route or at someone else's house, but I'd rather own SW because of the theme, visuals, sound, and hyperloop. I can't really speak on GB or JP as I've just never been able to get into GB and I haven't played JP yet.

If you do pull the trigger on a SW, I'd get the premium with the comic art unless you could snag a much better deal on the regular premium, which might be the case. Good luck

#16 4 years ago

I am seeing good deals on premium but the comic art looks a lot nicer maybe enough to pay extra for. Just I like the pro art Vader more than the premium.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am seeing good deals on premium but the comic art looks a lot nicer maybe enough to pay extra for. Just I like the pro art Vader more than the premium.

Then get a new Pro!

Have you played a premium? The fork that loads the hyperloop goes into the up position quite a bit, and when you shoot the mini-loop from the other side (right) the ball hits the fork and then you have to wait for the fork to go down, and wait for the ball to become unstuck. That's the trade off for the cool hyperloop.

#18 4 years ago

Fork the premium, go with the pro; Plastic ramps for life!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Then get a new Pro!
Have you played a premium? The fork that loads the hyperloop goes into the up position quite a bit, and when you shoot the mini-loop from the other side (right) the ball hits the fork and then you have to wait for the fork to go down, and wait for the ball to become unstuck. That's the trade off for the cool hyperloop.

What is on the pro in place of the hyper loop? Is this a separate mode missing or virtual ball lock??

#20 4 years ago

I must confess I don't like this pin, but my best pin buddies who are better players and put more time in this game love it. (I rented a Pro for 5 weeks but did not play it that much)
So... worth giving a try?

#21 4 years ago

The Pro doesn't have anything replacing the hyper loop. The fork "lift" ramp doesn't exist on the Pro - but it has an up-post that will stop the ball when needed - example: when selecting a mode. The pro uses a virtual lock, and there are no modes missing.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Seems like a lot of people defeat the emperor, and I'm curious if that is easier to get to than most final wizard modes?

I'm a decent player and very skeptical that a lot of people can defeat the emperor on a properly set-up machine at factory settings. There are so many stand-up targets and drops that put the ball into the slings or out-lanes by design, and it's so fast that consistently staying in control is a major challenge. I can't think of another game that rewards accuracy and punishes mistakes more.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks.
Just to add, I was reading the reviews mix some love some hate. But does it have satisfyingly shots? I mean look at my collection have SM mainly because that Venom ramp. Sold SM and got it back not the most interesting in rules but it shoots like butter and ST premium also. I owned AcDc premium for a long time didn’t need to sell it but was clearing the deck for something new.
Like I said played BM66 so much and can’t get a feel it just plays like crap to me clunk city. DP has a bit of an odd shot feel but it has satisfying shot of the right ramp plus the snikt shot. Just making good shots is fun.

If you’re looking for satisfying shots, DP & IMDN are the bread winners. These 2 games shine with satisfying shots, and DP gets my vote out of those 2.

SW is a flow/speed machine, so it lacks in actual satisfying ‘physical’ shots that those other pins have. However, SW has satisfying moments and combos, both in the design and rules. The game is fast, real fast, so while there isnt a lot of single satisfying shots persay; hitting combos is tough but extremely satisfying. Because the game is so difficult, the code/rules is absolutely brilliant with satisfying objectives.

All in all, SW has a very unorthodox ruleset that takes hundreds of plays to understand. And because it’s a brutal layout, most don’t appreciate that ruleset. So if you really want to mix up the collection or gameplay, SW is a great fit. But it doesn’t offer the all around total package that IMDN and DP have.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I must confess I don't like this pin, but my best pin buddies who are better players and put more time in this game love it. (I rented a Pro for 5 weeks but did not play it that much)
So... worth giving a try?

It's all risk vs reward with the game. The machine is there just so you can screw yourself over increasing and moving multipliers around; it's awesome.
I'll be waiting to see if it starts getting more love now that the theme whores may migrate to it since the new version looks like their bed sheets.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you’re looking for satisfying shots, DP & IMDN are the bread winners.

When I had to sell a machine it wasn't that hard of a call to get rid of IMDN and keep SW.

#25 4 years ago

SW is a terrific game. Had a pro for a year and was very satisfied with it. I would have enjoyed having the game with the hyper loop. And out of the few times I played the upgraded version, I never had trouble hitting the Death Star shot, so I don’t understand the problem.

The assets are wonderful. It’s like having an old friend in the basement. I really enjoyed the vibe of owning Star Wars. It just felt right. And the rules are awesome and addictive and the game is very satisfying.

I plan on having a DP and a JP one day, and that’ll never change the fact that I loved my Star Wars Pro.

#26 4 years ago

I cannot stand mashing the center button so SW is not a favorite of mine, plus the shot multiplier and video modes seem to reward things that are not "pinball" in my mind. That being said the music/callouts/sound effects are amazing and there are some really nice shots in the game.

Maiden Premium is a phenomenal game with deep yet understandable rules and the best flow of any new game. My first NIB purchase and it is bolted to the floor.

I have only played Deadpool Pro but I find it to be a lot of fun, lots to shoot for, and deep enough rules without requiring a photographic memory to grasp.

As far as satisfying shots go it is hard to top Metallica. I recently picked up a NIB Metallica Premium and I love it, I had never appreciated all this game had to offer when playing it on route. The game punishes bricked shots and the outlanes are brutal. It is not uncommon for me to follow a 200+m game with a 4m game the moment my concentration lapses. To really blow up the score you need to focus on maximizing your multiballs with FUEL and the Guitar pick/snake doubler. Spelling M-E-T-A-L-L-I-C-A to start Lady Justice then hitting alternating ramp shots as fast as possible is a huge rush.
EDIT: I see that you have a Metallica so nevermind

#27 4 years ago

I’ve played SW in the past didn’t understand the rules like GoT but I have watched a fantastic tutorial on GoT now better understand. But I’ve tried to watch SW tutorials but still I’m at a loss what’s going on. Have to say have not seen a good tutorial of SW all seem to be version .75 code doesn’t help much.

#28 4 years ago

The hyperloop/death star shot is extremely satisfying because of its difficulty. Blowing up the death star with music and lights creating pressure is fantastic. I relate it to killing Smaug or melting the witch. And once you've locked more than one ball in the loop during hyperspace multiball, you will be addicted. This is a tough game with great shots. It always gets my pulse racing...even after over a years worth of ownership.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve played SW in the past didn’t understand the rules like GoT but I have watched a fantastic tutorial on GoT now better understand. But I’ve tried to watch SW tutorials but still I’m at a loss what’s going on. Have to say have not seen a good tutorial of SW all seem to be version .75 code doesn’t help much.

Here is a Star Wars game guide, and video tutorials...

https://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880

I recommend reading the Shot Map and then the Getting Started sections first.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Here is a Star Wars game guide, and video tutorials...
https://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880
I recommend reading the Shot Map and then the Getting Started sections first.

Thanks.

#31 4 years ago

Looking at the actual new art models one site has the pro / premium reversed so it turns out that I like the premium art better.

How bad is the fork lift issue on the premium if you shoot the loop the wrong way?

#32 4 years ago

Had a SW PREM, sold it after about 8 months. It’s too hard, the reason the rules didn’t click with you are because they are too damn complicated.

Hyper loop is satisfying as all hell, but I hated the bounce outs on it. Light show is best in pinball, but be forewarned that it is a brutal pin

#33 4 years ago

I've owned both SW pro and Premium. Had the pro for about 18 months and the premium for about 6 months now. You can't go wrong with either one.

Really fell in love with the game on the pro. I hesitated to upgrade to the premium since my pro shot so cleanly (no cheap drains, everything was backhandable) and I was afraid that the premium I got would not shoot as fun. The hyperloop shot on the premium is harder (fork ramp to get up) than the pro, that is about it for shot difficulty differences

I really love the hyperloop on the premium. It is a very tough shot but that is what makes it so much fun and rewarding. When you hit it and the ball(s) start circling, its very satisfying.

The rules are pretty deep IMO. I've never beat the Emperor so I feel a little left out when someone said "a lot of people beat the Emperor". Its not that easy. There are 7-10 modes to start and finish, 4 multiballs, 2 other mini wizard modes before you can even get to the Emperor. Plus when you do, you could have always done them better or started with a different hero. Have someone "mansplain" the basic rules to you. I really thought the game was blah until someone explained the basic rules (why you start one mode over the other) and varying strategies (shot multiplier, hero you start with).

The theme integration on this game is really good. The color changing GI during modes (Litesaber dual, Tie Fighter hits), black and white strobing during Escape from Boba Fett, are awesome. The callouts and videos are good.

I feel the slight variations in build and/or leveling really impact how this game plays. Mostly around the angle and shape of the ball guides. For example, you heard several people say the horseshoe loop shoots SDTM. My pro NEVER did that. My Premium does occasionally based on speed of the shot. I think it has to do with the way the horseshoe loop ball guide was bent at the factory.

It really has that "one more game" feeling to it. No matter how good your game, you could have always done some aspect of it better. My favorite game of all time.

#34 4 years ago

If you get SW I recommend turning stacking modes off. SW is much easier to understand and more immersive if mode stacking is turned off. I don’t know why it’s setup for stacking as a default.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If you get SW I recommend turning stacking modes off. SW is much easier to understand and more immersive if mode stacking is turned off. I don’t know why it’s setup for stacking as a default.

I saw the tutorial where they stack modes didn’t like that. It’s good to hear that there is option to disable.

Thanks.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wouldn't be able to reach Emperor without stacking. Plus, I believe stacking adds a bit more strategy, by figuring out which modes to stack together. If I ever get to feeling it is too easy to reach Emperor, then I will turn it off. As it is, I like starting a game knowing there is a chance of getting there...although I've only done it like 4 or 5 times. Last time I failed to defeat him...really enjoyed what happened after that. Bottom line is that I feel SW has enough options to make it more or less challenging based on personal preference and skill.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I wouldn't be able to reach Emperor without stacking. Plus, I believe stacking adds a bit more strategy, by figuring out which modes to stack together. If I ever get to feeling it is too easy to reach Emperor, then I will turn it off. As it is, I like starting a game knowing there is a chance of getting there...although I've only done it like 4 or 5 times. Last time I failed to defeat him...really enjoyed what happened after that. Bottom line is that I feel SW has enough options to make it more or less challenging based on personal preference and skill.

I totally get that. I’m glad it’s an option so everyone can play the way they want. Its definitely harder to get to the end if you have stacking off, but I’m ok with that.
When stacking is on I’m only looking at lit shots. Shooting them doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything specific. But when it’s off the modes really shine. It feels like I’m in a scene from the movies.

#38 4 years ago

if you aren't into the pf multipliers and the deeper ruleset for higher scoring, just light modes in the planets, shoot the arrows lit (or drop targets or 3 bank) to close out the planets and start planet mb. you can stack tie fighter and hyperspace on top of victory mb. i don't know of any other machine that can do this.

don't understand why most people think the rules are difficult?

also, if you start hyperdrive mb, this actually plays as an upper playfield, the more balls you add and the faster you add them they continue to loop around while you have less balls on the playfield during any other mb you may have had already going.

#39 4 years ago

One of the most helpful hints I can provide when learning the rules is to look at the insert matrix on the playfield, not the display, when selecting missions. It makes a world of difference.

#40 4 years ago

I think maiden, JP, and Deadpool are way more fun to play. We currently have Deadpool, JP, and SW pro on location and no one picks SW for league nights. It’s such a time commitment and most people don’t get the small details in the rules, and those that do don’t like playing it.

I can appreciate the rules but don’t enjoy plunge, the tie fighter button mashing, or useless pop bumper nest. A lot of people complain about the horseshoe shot flying it down the middle but ours seems safe and kind of a fun shot. I think the movable multipliers are a neat level and really matter if you want to score well. It sounds like I think it’s a terrible game, which I don’t. I just think the other games are much better in pro or premium flavor

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The premium hyperloop is fun, but the fork that lifts the ball gets in the way too much for me. So the difference between pro/premium is a wash for me (except for price).

The fork ramp makes that particular shot a lot harder on the Premium/LE as compared to the pro. The hyperloop is not that interesting either. I had an LE and sold it.

I absolutely hated the 4th missions being a multiball which made them way harder to beat.

Rob

#42 4 years ago

Curious if owners feel like this game needs a big code update like GB got, or not?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious if owners feel like this game needs a big code update like GB got, or not?

No. But it needs polish. Mainly with choreography and priority of sounds/display in the climax moments of the game.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One of the most helpful hints I can provide when learning the rules is to look at the insert matrix on the playfield, not the display, when selecting missions. It makes a world of difference.

Hmm. What do you mean? Something tells me I owned the game a year - and beat it twice! - without knowing something important!

#45 4 years ago

I have a premium that my wife and I really enjoyed. I love the theme- Star Wars has the music and video clips. It’s currently at my brewery location and it’s earning very well. If you love Star Wars, I’d go with the premium

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I have a premium that my wife and I really enjoyed. I love the theme- Star Wars has the music and video clips. It’s currently at my brewery location and it’s earning very well. If you love Star Wars, I’d go with the premium

thanks for the advice!

All good replies, I'm sure that I'd enjoy SW a lot but that will be SW instead of DP, Maiden or JP so I will try to play them all some more before I buy.

My main concern is this:
- multiplier complexity (noobs won't know what the heck is going on).
- lots of button mashing
- Video mode (watching Jack Danger get 300+ million for around 10 seconds of video mode is not my idea of fun, really dislike video modes).

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My main concern is this:
- multiplier complexity
- lots of button mashing

1. Hitting the 3 target bank increases the multiplier number by 1 each time; 2x, 3x, 4x, etc for a period of time. Only the shots with the green arrows in front are multiplied, you can move them around if you like. The higher the multiplier number is, the less arrows there are going from 3, 2, 1.
Done

2. Around 2 times a game you'll have to hit the button for like 10 seconds to blow up extra Tie Fighters, people are amazed when i tell them the other pinnball machines they play also have buttons you have to hit!
Done

There is no possible way you can love WOZ & TSPP and find this game that confusing after playing it for a hot minute.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1. Hitting the 3 target bank increases the multiplier number by 1 each time; 2x, 3x, 4x, etc for a period of time. Only the shots with the green arrows in front are multiplied, you can move them around if you like. The higher the multiplier number is, the less arrows there are going from 3, 2, 1.

I am not clear on the multiplier how do you move it around and how is it increased so much like 40x (example)?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks for the advice!
All good replies, I'm sure that I'd enjoy SW a lot but that will be SW instead of DP, Maiden or JP so I will try to play them all some more before I buy.
My main concern is this:
- multiplier complexity (noobs won't know what the heck is going on).
- lots of button mashing
- Video mode (watching Jack Danger get 300+ million for around 10 seconds of video mode is not my idea of fun, really dislike video modes).

Multiplier complexity is 100% optional - it only increases your score. To this day, I set it to the most common shots and leave it there.

There isn't lots of button mashing, there is only one hurry-up that requires it. You never HAVE to hit the button if you don't want to. You will WANT to hit it in some situations:

1) To add-a-ball during multiball (once the ability has been earned)
2) A few presses (not mashing) to speed up during the asteroid video mode (optional but increases challenge and score)
3) To move the multiplyer to different shots (optional but needed to maximize score - another challenge you can always do better)
4) Press to launch ball (optional - you can pull the plunger) and start mode (also optional, you can let the selection time-out )
5) Rapidly press (button mashing) to earn many Tie fighter kills during the hurry-up to rapidly progress towards Tie fighter multiball

Most likely the way Jack scored 300M on the video mode is avoiding all the asteroids and had the 40X multiplier on that shot. That is nowhere near a common score for that mode. But in the big picture, 300M isn't all that much in a 6.5B score (a really good game)

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am not clear on the multiplier how do you move it around and how is it increased so much like 40x (example)?

Green X shots are multiplied.
Push the action button and they turn red. While they’re red you can move them with the flipper buttons. Push the action button again to make them green.

To increase the multiplier you hit the 3bank under the mini LCD. You can get up to a max of 20X by hitting the bank. There is also an award to get double multipliers that you get by hitting the FORCE targets a number of times or as a mystery award. That’s how 40x is possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-against-sw-premium- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.