Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Boise_D
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2792_(resized).JPG
IMG_2791_(resized).JPG
IMG_2790_(resized).JPG
IMG_2788_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm picking up my first machine tomorrow. It's a 1968 Williams cabaret. It has some wear to the play field and some peeling on the back glass. I'm paying $200 for it, any major things I should look for? Am I making a good investment? I'm handy, restore furniture and have an electronics friend who will help on that side of things.

IMG_2788_(resized).JPG

IMG_2790_(resized).JPG

IMG_2791_(resized).JPG

IMG_2792_(resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

That game looks pretty nice to me. I'd clean it up, shop it out, and enjoy it. If you really want a new backglass, bgresto.com can help you.

Multiplayers are a bit more complex to work on than single players, but since you didn't say if it's working correctly or not, no way to tell you where to start there.

#3 3 years ago

Get it playing 100% and have fun. If you want to use it as the basis of your EM education head to www.pinrepair.com/em and start reading. Mostly you will be cleaning, a four player game has a LOT to clean.

EM pinballs are not going to be an investment, if you decide to do any restoration work you will almost always be in the red. Do it for fun and the pleasure of restoring it to its former glory!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Multiplayers are a bit more complex to work on than single players, but since you didn't say if it's working correctly or not, no way to tell you where to start there.

According to the owner, the only issue is the ball pop in the middle sometimes fails to eject. He said he's cleaned the contact and resolved the issue before. As for the back glass, I've already been looking into bgresto. Thanks!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

EM pinballs are not going to be an investment, if you decide to do any restoration work you will almost always be in the red. Do it for fun and the pleasure of restoring it to its former glory!

Oh it's definitely for the funof restoration and to save a piece of pin history.

#6 3 years ago

This is a beautiful and rare pinball. Restore it, play it and Love it. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot, as well as your friends.
Those old EMs have such warmth to them and are always a nice addition to a party or gathering of friends. In addition they tend to be less intimidating than the modern Fully computerized DMA pinballs, for women and girls to play and have fun with "the boys".

For $200, you made a great deal.

I am getting my first EM this weekend too and have owned three early SS pinballs, before.

Yves

#9 3 years ago

Thank you! This is amazing! Already learning so much. @dr_nybble

#10 3 years ago

Fantastic deal.

I would just triple thick the backglass, remembering to screen out the clear bits of score windows.

Yes, the glass isn't perfect but it's presentable and it is an original glass so my preference would be to keep it in.

A skilled artist could touch it up after it has been triple thicked. Light areas very very hard to do.

#11 3 years ago

I agree with Shapshifter, the BG looks pretty good and the playfield looks in great condition. Clean it up and play.

#12 3 years ago

Great deal at that price. Love the art style

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 289.00
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside