(Topic ID: 296683)

Advice for a new player

By UCFKnight71

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DBB83B5C-47A5-4F92-9191-EFB4AD68A4E7 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210711_122359688 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210711_122343627 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210711_122335669 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    T4 (resized).jpg
    T3 (resized).jpg
    T2 (resized).jpg
    8A67832B-DC35-4D6F-A2E1-39E787DDDCE0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpyroFTW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

I doubt you can get a pinbot for 2K now. Keep an eye out on FB and here. Something will show up eventually. Just be patient and be ready to make a move. I will add that just because a game is an EM, doesnt make it bad. I love the sound of them and the short fast games can be very fun and exciting. Dont be afraid to give them a go. You can always settle with tourneys and location play until you find the right game. Good luck and play pinball!

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Any EM's that have good flow, some complexity, and more modern flippers?

There are plenty of EMs with good flow. In fact, I would argue they almost all have great flow. The only time where the all isnt moving is in a saucer generally. And they can have some truly unique layouts and rules. There are even some that have multiball. As for complexity, it depends on what you mean. Are the rules as deep as a new Stern, or JJP? Probably not. At least in terms of mechs. Pinball is the same across every game ever made. You hit switches and scores points. Card themed games can have you hitting a changing target to get the right pair to beat the dealer. I have an OXO that is tic-tac-toe themed. Its not as easy as you think to get 3 in a row. Now, as for a modern flipper feel? Not gonna happen. They wont be as snappy, but for some games you can high tap the transformer to get more flipper power and snappyness. This is not always recommended though. Just saying to give them a chance. I did and fell in love. But that is a story for another day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpyroFTW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-a-new-player?tu=SpyroFTW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.