Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B7ECB555-A54E-4B25-837F-E215C8AF0C35 (resized).jpeg
    9906DB4D-A1E5-4649-A698-C6C0996D27D8 (resized).jpeg
    7CA3399F-6A77-4B18-99B0-CE1E68E9C8FB (resized).jpeg
    A1698F77-B795-40AB-ADD0-99A539E3457E (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 7.17.52 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Drill baby drill!
    I got these to avoid these type problems...
    This also makes it a lot easier to remove the glass for cleaning or whatever...
    https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Got it, but do I just drill till the lock gives or do I use a screw driver after I “gap” a hole in the key hole? Never did it before and I don’t want to jack up the surroundings of the machine. Thanks

After you drill the lock enough to make it turn, you can open the coin door and remove the nut on the back of the lock to remove it from the door.
    You will need a new lock of some type to keep the door closed after you get the old lock out.
    The lock on the back box should probably also be replaced near the same time so that the key (if required) fits both locks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-coin-door-lock-w-o-key-?tu=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.