(Topic ID: 230234)

Advice: Choosing a second pin. New vs. old

By fissionch1ps

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kwoody51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

Totally different direction but I just picked up a sterns POTC based on other recommendation as being for my family (8 and 10 girls) and deep enough for adults.

It was a hit over thanksgiving, put on ~150 plays!

Check out the thread under my user name with some great insights on a first pin for the family.

I have only played about 5 games on LOTR so can’t offer my input there. I just knew that theme wasn’t going to get past my wife so didn’t really dive deep on it.

#25 5 years ago

For reference here was my thread with very similar questions. Lots of good advice for what is the best 1st pin for someone with a family.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-pin-advice-houdini-or-something-else

Sinking the ship on pirates is fun for everyone! I also agree that the rules are deep enough but not too deep to understand.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Thanks! You were going around with cash in hand! It’s not that old of a thread, but do you feel happy with POTC vs. GOG? Going back to the old vs. new for the same price thing.

I was also debating between new,GoG, vs used. I’m ultimately happy with POTC. I have played a few GoG games since picking up POTC and I like POTC better.

I do like the GoG theme and Movies better and the cool display but the gameplay on POTC seems better to me. I also liked the idea of buying a ~10 year old game knowing I can sell it for little to no loss (maybe even make a little $$$ ). Whereas even with a used GoG I figured I would likely lose money when I sold.

Now if I had found a recent release of AFM LE, MM or WOZ for close to $6k I would have been all over that!!

I recently played a new MB premium and it’s a cool game with lots of toys but I wasn’t hitting the shots. Feel like POTC has easier shots. MB seems like it would really come alive with a good player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kwoody51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-choosing-a-second-pin-new-vs-old?tu=Kwoody51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.