(Topic ID: 25962)

Advice: Anyone ever deal with "barrywnj" on eBay?

By Chitownpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rlevin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

I bought a JD from him off eBay. When it was delivered and set up, I noticed that it had a weak DMD. I emailed him about it and sent a video. He told me to order one from mad amusements and that he would Paypal me the cost. It all worked out fine and I have a JD with a new DMD. That was my only experience with him, but overall it was positive.

#52 10 years ago

I bought an old Dr. Who manual from him, was pretty much as described. Kinda hard to get too screwed on a manual I guess.

#53 10 years ago

Is he currently selling an Goldeneye on eBay?

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I bought an old Dr. Who manual from him,

I bought one of his manuals too! Very handy.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Is he currently selling an Goldeneye on eBay?

Turns out I answered my own question.

#56 10 years ago

I've bought some pins from Barry, as well as sold to Barry. My arm wasn't twisted, I was careful about what I bought (or didn't care/needed it for parts) and I wasn't disappointed. Too many times I believe people just buy something without actually knowing what they are buying. Everyone is different when it comes to what they expect when buying a pin, so it's best to check out any game you may find flaws with before hand to be sure you're okay with the condition.

I will also say, that he has been very friendly at the shows, and even helped me fix a Blackwater 100 flipper problem I was having.

#57 10 years ago

Bought my first and last ebay pin from Barry... It was NOT the game pictured even though he said it was... "At first" ...

The game was not a turd, but it wasnt as nice as the one pictured on epay, or quite as decribed in the write up either...

I called him and discussed it with him, and he took 300 off, on a 1295 dollar pin plus the 190 in shipping, 1485-300=1185...as long as i game him positive ebay feedback which i did, because at that price i though the pin was a fair deal....

he always answered the phone when i called, ... i did call a couple of times prior to recieving the pin, and he was always decent on the phone...

he handled the deal fine on the refund part....

but his biggest concern was the positive feedback....

So if you do buy a game from him, and you are dissappointed with it when it gets there, he will work with you on the money, or at least he did for me....

Call him ask for game specific pics, or go look at it in person. if you cant i might suggest pass, if you dont wanna deal with hassles....

he buys a ton of games and flips a ton as well....

He definately doesn't think of condition as the majority of us do....

2 months later
    #58 10 years ago

I think he is the same guy pushing pins as projects but not telling that they are water damaged from Sandy

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-anyone-ever-deal-with-barrywnj-on-ebay/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.