(Topic ID: 187902)

I adopted a jukebox cuz it's like a pin for 45's! So I need some advice...

By goingincirclez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170508_095032 (resized).jpg
20170507_135129 (resized).jpg
440mechtest2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bintzknocker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Agreed, get the manual. My dad has a rock ola grand prix that will eventually make its way to my house. The mechs do get gummed up from the old grease. The best thing to do is take it apart, degrease, oil and reassemble. If things are really seized you can use a heat gun (carefully) or a hair dryer to soften the grease. I've heard that some people have had luck using a hair dryer and flooding it with new oil.

Once I got the mech running I had a problem where the speed was too slow. It turned out to be the rubber grommets that hold the turntable up. They dried out and we're causing the turntable to spin at 33 rpm instead of 45rpm.

The amp may need to be re capped as well.

I still have some issues with it but since it's not at my place haven't spent much time working on it.

#6 6 years ago

Yup, think I got my manual from victory glass.

#8 6 years ago

I think rockola used the same guts for a lot of their jukes. A friend of mine says that wurlitzer and seeburg jukes are far superior to rockolas. I have no 1st hand knowledge to prove that true or false and am far from an expert. However I'm sure that with a little love and tlc, rockolas are just fine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bintzknocker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adopting-a-jukebox-rock-ola-440-need-advice?tu=bintzknocker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.