Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many games you own have credit dots on them?”

• None, credit dot free here! 37 votes
      62%
    • 1 11 votes
      18%
    • 2 3 votes
      5%
    • 3 1 vote
      2%
    • 4 0 votes
    • 5+ 2 votes
      3%
    • Whats a Credit dot? 6 votes
      10%

(60 votes)

#1 10 years ago

How many of your machines have a credit dot on them? When you see a credit dot, does it get under your skin or can you casually ignore it and still play with it in the back of your mind?

#2 10 years ago

Doesn't bother me at all. STTNG and DM really don't need to know the current date.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

Doesn't bother me at all. STTNG and DM really don't need to know the current date.

Huh? What's that have to do with the credit dot? It's more likely a switch problem which means the game isn't working correctly.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Huh? What's that have to do with the credit dot? It's more likely a switch problem which means the game isn't working correctly.

I get a credit dot if the date and time are not set on our WCS94.

Not if it's wrong, just if it has not beed set (like after a factory reset or battery change).

Chris

#6 10 years ago

I have a pimple on my ass... does that count for anything?

#7 10 years ago

Took me all month, but I got ours dot free at the arcade this month. Slightly proud of myself.

#8 10 years ago

My DMD is credit dot free!
    I'm a poet and don't even know it.
    Deja Vu all over again!

#9 10 years ago

My dm has one but its due to only playing with the trigger handels and only going for lock freeze on the claw.

#10 10 years ago

Credit dot????

I just thought it meant Free Play.(no money required, period)!

All kidding aside, none of my machines do unless my youngest plays games where there is a very difficult shot to make, so it'll remain until one of the older shooters make it.

#11 10 years ago

50% of my machines have credit dots.

#12 10 years ago

I get one of Funhouse all the time from people never shooting the super-dog skill shot on the left plunger. Whenever I have the glass off for some other reason, I hit that switch and the dot goes away for a few weeks... but it always comes back.

Brian

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I get one of Funhouse all the time from people never shooting the super-dog skill shot on the left plunger. Whenever I have the glass off for some other reason, I hit that switch and the dot goes away for a few weeks... but it always comes back.
    Brian

STTNG is like that too. The switch for the ball lock up in the Borg Ship often doesn't get hit for long periods of time.

#14 10 years ago

A poll with percentages would have been a better indicator. I'm the one guy with 5+ because I have about 6 with minor problems but that is about 10%. Not bad when you have over 60 pins. And they will get repaired this year.

#15 10 years ago

Why are there two threads on this?

#16 10 years ago

I don't have any, and won't play a game in my house if it has one. I'll stop playing in the middle of a game if I notice it has a credit dot. It's a huge pet peeve of mine, and I won't play games on location if they have credit dots.

#17 10 years ago

It gets under my skin big time. I feel the need to fix it immediately.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

I don't have any, and won't play a game in my house if it has one. I'll stop playing in the middle of a game if I notice it has a credit dot. It's a huge pet peeve of mine, and I won't play games on location if they have credit dots.

Wow! Sounds fun! You must not play a lot of pinball then...

#19 10 years ago

My TZ has had one since the day I bought it. Switch 71 error. Switch 71 is unused. Therefore I've concluded that switch 71 is actually IN the Twilight Zone.

I'll hunt it down someday, but it has absolutely no effect on gameplay so as long as that's the only one, I don't really care.

#20 10 years ago

Now that I looked, yup I do. Digging into it now.

1 week later
    #21 10 years ago

Can I change my vote? I had credit dots on DM and STTNG, but this thread finally convinced me that I wasn't quite anal enough. I set the time and date on both, and hit the flipper buttons on DM in test (I use the handles to play, so I probably have never pressed those), and now no more credit dots. I don't know if I actually feel better, but once in a while in attract mode on STTNG, I have a clock.

#22 10 years ago

No credit dots right now but White Water resets too often on double flips (I just got the Hakko 808 but need to make a Great Plains order), the Bud ramp has trouble catching occasionally (even after replacing the catch with the Cliffy catch an adjusting multiple times), Getaway needs a flipper rebuild done, STTNG occasionally gets balls stuck in the subway, and Red looks all cross-eyed (and I can't find the part, A-19258).

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I have a pimple on my ass... does that count for anything?

Insert some coins and check if anything changes.

#24 10 years ago

Our WCS94 has one, but it is only because it thinks we did not set the time and date. Not sure why, since they are correct. I just ignore it, and my father in law (whose machine it is) I don't think even realizes it or understands what it is for. I will have to explain it to him

Chris

#25 10 years ago

I think the title of this should have been. "who knows what a credit dot is?"

Not every manufacturer has credit dots either.

#26 10 years ago

Don't worry, credit dots are natural. Don't be afraid do admit it, even if girls make fun of you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/admit-it-who-here-has-a-credit-dot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.