• Latest reply 8 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just rebuilt the flippers on Attack from Mars. All new parts under the playfield, including bushings. Did not change the bats or rubbers. It doesn't bounce pass the way it did previously...flippers absorb too much now so the ball dies a lot more when it hits them.

I'm guessing it has to do with either the bushings being tighter, or perhaps I've left too much, or too little play in the bats themselves? What's the fix?

#2 8 years ago

Do the flippers give a tiny bit when the ball hits them? I had that issue because the paw I was using was loose in some weird spot that I couldn't tighten. Replaced the paw, and that fixed it.

with the glass off, start a game and flip a few times then press on them when the are at rest and see if they are firmly in the rest position. If the flippers give at all, I bet that's your problem.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do the flippers give a tiny bit when the ball hits them? I had that issue because the paw I was using was loose in some weird spot that I couldn't tighten. Replaced the paw, and that fixed it.
with the glass off, start a game and flip a few times then press on them when the are at rest and see if they are firmly in the rest position. If the flippers give at all, I bet that's your problem.

Interesting. These are brand new...so, tighten the pawl?

#4 8 years ago

When it happened to me the paws were new too. It was really strange, but it was a part that shouldve just stayed in place but it was turning a bit. The bat was tight as hell and not moving at all. Then when I replaced the paw with another new one I had on hand, that didn't happen. Problem fixed.

Just to be clear, I under stand the paw to be the part that the bat goes through after the bushing and gets tightened down usually with an Alan wrench in two spots.

#5 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

That piece in the top left. The silver circle piece was turning just a hair when it should've just bend welded tight into place.

I'm sure your game uses different flipper mechs, but it's possible something similar is going on. That's why I suggested the test that I did.

#6 8 years ago

Your bats are likely tightened in on a slightly lower incline than before. Just align them right with the guides feeding them, and get used to the new, proper dead pass bounce.

This depends on the flipper rubber as well. I know you didn't change this, but tell me you aren't using PBL rubbers (or flipper mechs for that matters).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjustment-for-better-bounce-passing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.