Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chopr1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am an older Gentleman that purchased a 'Bally Pool Sharks' pinball machine. The machine has worked perfect for the last month. When purchased I was told the lock for the back box was bad, everything else was fine. So today I changed the lock (I like all things to be right) and while in the back box I changed the batteries out. (batteries have been moved from the board to a remote holder!) I left the machine plugged in, but not turned on. When I buttoned everything back up and turned it on I got the message Adjustment Failure. I have the manuals for the machine BUT, not wanting to screw anything else up I thought I would ask for advice from you folks on the forum. Any help would really be appreciated. Gary

#2 1 year ago

When you removed the battery, you cleared all the games settings.

You need to enter the menu (via the buttons inside the coin door) … scroll through and reinstall FREE PLAY (push start button to toggle yes/no) then run all the way to the end of the settings menu and the game will reboot.

If your new batteries are ok, and the battery holder is ok (they do break) then the game will retain the settings and you won’t see that message again.

rd

#3 1 year ago

RD is exactly correct, as usual.
Changing the batteries is about the only pinball maintenance that you actually want to do with the game turned on. That way your settings will not be lost.

#4 1 year ago

Thank you guys for your info. Being new (to me) I panicked! Followed the instructions and it is back as before. Greatly appreciated!! Gary

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjustment-failure-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.