Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NM
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

A few months ago I removed the plastic window from my CFTBL playfield and after putting it
back I had the hardest time adjusting it. It still seems to really affect how the ball rolls.
I know there are nuts underneath the playfield that I can adjust to move the window up and down
but I can never get them just right. Also the gap between the plastic and the playfield seems bigger
'upfield' than towards the flippers.
Does anyone know a good trick to get this right?

#2 11 years ago

Only way that worked for me was a lot of trial and error adjustments. I would set it how I thought it should be drop field to check then note the adjustments that needed to be made and repeated as many times as it took to get it right. It is important to have that window properly aligned so it's not a waste of time just a pain in the arse.

#3 11 years ago

I seem to have more error than trial.

#4 11 years ago

you can adjust the nuts with one hand and with the other hand on the top of the pf. put the fingers in the borders on top of the pf, to feel the gap/alignment at the same time that you are adjusting.
worked fine for me.

#5 11 years ago

When I installed mine I used a small, smooth flat edge (in my case a mini bubble level) and slid it back and forth, perpendicular to the cracks. If it caught an edge I'd adjust that section and retry until the flat edge passed smoothly in both directions around the entire window. Worked like a charm.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll have another go and hope I get it right this time.

3 months later
#7 11 years ago

along the same line, has one done anything to fill in the gap that exists between the playfield and the window so that the ball doesn't catch on it while rolling, or is it not an issue if the window is leveled correctly?

pinster68:
after you leveled your window, did you notice that the ball was impacted less by the gap between the window and playfield?

#8 11 years ago

Dont know if this will help, but Little shop of Games is suppose to have replacement windows for Congo/CFTBL coming out soon. Perhaps their height, or gap width can be improved along with a crystal clear view.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont know if this will help, but Little shop of Games is suppose to have replacement windows for Congo/CFTBL coming out soon. Perhaps their height, or gap width can be improved along with a crystal clear view.

Any idea when these will be released? My machine really needs a new one

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont know if this will help, but Little shop of Games is suppose to have replacement windows for Congo/CFTBL coming out soon. Perhaps their height, or gap width can be improved along with a crystal clear view

I spoke with Curly the other day (had to get the back wall decal for the cabinet that doug huse is doing for me) and he mentioned that they also plan to stock the circle decal featuring the universal monsters for the apron decal set that macro currently sells.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Any idea when these will be released?

Curly says he will have them soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-window-cftbl-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.