9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I like to set the tilts on all my games and find that only a few have an adjustable mechanism. The big issue is that when you have substantial slope, the plumb bob is too close to the front of the ring and leads to uneven tilt activation. How do you adjust for it?

Thanks,
    Dave

#2 9 years ago

Can you adjust the ring so it's perpendicular to the vertical rod and also centered on the bob?

RM

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from RussMyers:

Can you adjust the ring so it's perpendicular to the vertical rod and also centered on the bob?
    RM

This. I haven't found a game yet that can't be adjusted. A well adjusted plumb bob is as important as any other part of setting up a pin.

#4 9 years ago

right. if you are changing the slope of the game, then the tilt won't work exactly right unless you adjust the bob and ring mechanism to the same slope somehow. someone needs to sell a mod that is a leveler for the tilt mech!

#5 9 years ago

All of them have this adjustment. (moving the ring forward or back) The tricky one is the B/W ones with the white plate. You need to loosen the lower screw, then the plate is 2 pieces, that slide to move the bottom of the front piece.
    It looks un-adjustable at first glance.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

right. if you are changing the slope of the game, then the tilt won't work exactly right unless you adjust the bob and ring mechanism to the same slope somehow. someone needs to sell a mod that is a leveler for the tilt mech!

I use the Mark I Eyeball.

RM

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

The tricky one is the B/W ones with the white plate. You need to loosen the lower screw, then the plate is 2 pieces, that slide to move the bottom of the front piece.
    It looks un-adjustable at first glance.

Actually, these are the only ones I find truly adjustable. I have had no problem with my pins with that mechanism.

Quoted from DNO:

All of them have this adjustment. (moving the ring forward or back)

Just moving the ring forward or back gets you close but you also need to move slightly down as well. Obviously, this can be achieved by drilling new holes...just wondering what people do in that case. Do you just adjust front to back and leave it or drill new holes so it can be moved up or down?

#8 9 years ago

Can't you just bend the ring a bit, or raise/lower the weight?

#9 9 years ago

Plus, tilt adjustments like this are best done with the playfield raised, to get a good overhead view if the bob and ring.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from DnDPins:

Do you just adjust front to back and leave it or drill new holes so it can be moved up or down?

The weights are all adjustable up and down. Not sure what the problem is, so I will state it again: every game I have ever seen, from an EM to the latest Stern has a completely adjustable tilt bob on it. The ring moves forward and back and the bob moves up and down.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-tilt-for-increased-slope and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.