Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by L_satan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Ok, I recently acquired a High Speed pinball machine. Upon start up, the score board indicates "Adjust Center Spinner" and then continues on with game play. I looked in the owners manual, but cannot find any specific info that shows how to rectify or address this prompt.

Thoughts? I appreciate any and all advice and practical experience as this is my first machine.

d1

#2 8 years ago

Put the game in switch edge test mode and spin it to see if the switch gets activated. You may have a bad switch, a broken wire or electrical problem, or it may be just a matter of bending the switch arm so that when the spinner arm moves down it actuates the switch. Pull the playfield up and check those issues first and then report back with your findings. Hopefully you just need to adjust it.

#3 8 years ago

I adjusted the vertical arm of the switch as the plastic round retainers on either side of the arm were pushed up and over the elbow of the bend. I will see if this fixes it. Also, does the prompt reset automatically or do I have to do something first?

I will have to read up on how to conduct the switch edge test mode.

Thanks for the assistance.

d1

#4 8 years ago

The game will give a message when you power it on if a switch hasn't been activated in 20 or 30 games, something like that. It should stop when the switch gets activated.

Mounted on the coin door there should be three buttons that are used to go through the menus. On System 11 machines I think it is the middle one that you can push in and it will stay in, and push it again and it will pop out. Depending on what position it's in the menu will cycle forward through the selections when you push the third button, or backwards. Also depending on if it's pushed in or out when you push the first button, the menu will go into the tests and adjustment menus or audits. It should be covered in the manual. Once you put it in switch edge mode you can hit individual switches and if they are working correctly they'll show up on the display.

#5 8 years ago

The software is telling you "hey the scoring switch on the spinner hasnt been closed in a while, it needs fixed".

#6 8 years ago

It seems when I adjusted the arm it corrected the issue. Thanks for all the advice.

#7 8 years ago

well done.
My PIN*BOT will give me an alert if the 100,000 switch hasn't been hit in a few games. The early system 11 games will do this, just as a check, which is cool, but sometimes annoying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.