Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RGAires
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My iron man magnet just doesn't seem to throw the ball like other games I've played. Is there a way to fine tune the magnet to make it throw the ball around more aggressively?

#2 9 years ago

The IMVE I played at JJP open house felt the same; recalled more action on the Iron Monger magnet on an original run IM. Not sure why.

#3 9 years ago

I think it might be the mylar over the magnets slowing the ball down. Maybe installing a cliff instead would help.

#4 9 years ago

Mine didn't throw it a lot at first. Now it whips that bitch around! Maybe there's a "break in" period?

#5 9 years ago

I've owned the 2010 and now the VE. Neither of them have whipped the ball around like it does on Sterns IM promo video . ( @ WhipLash )

#6 9 years ago

Gotta agree with you. I don't bother avoiding the monger magnet. Shame really, the trick of hitting him on the corner is moot on my game.

#7 9 years ago

I played a 2010 Iron Man on location a few years back pretty frequently and if you hit the monger in the middle it would hurl the ball either at the outlanes or directly down the middle. Mine sort of gives a gentle lob to the flipper. I just hit it right into the monger.

#8 9 years ago

Strange, 90% of the time my monger magnet is strong. Whips the ball all over. Same with whiplash. Whiplash has actually flung it around and up through the center spinner multiple times. Kinda crazy give the angle and path it needs to get there. This is on a IMve.

#9 9 years ago

Do you have the mylar magnet protectors installed? I wonder if setting my coil strength to high would have any effect on the magnets.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Do you have the mylar magnet protectors installed? I wonder if setting my coil strength to high would have any effect on the magnets.

I get a ton of action from the Iron Monger magnet and my coil strength is on the factory default. I'm not using any extra mylar in the area since it came from the factory with the mylar circles installed around the magnets.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I get a ton of action from the Iron Monger magnet and my coil strength is on the factory default. I'm not using any extra mylar in the area since it came from the factory with the mylar circles installed around the magnets.

That's what I was referring to when I meant mylar circles. I get action, but just not as violent as I remember it in the past.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yes, factory Mylar installed, magnets set to default.

2 years later
#13 6 years ago

Hello,
Any update on this question, maybe new magnet coils?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-magnet-on-ironman-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.