(Topic ID: 155762)

Adjusting credit reel

By OHMI_Arcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi... I'm not an EM guy but I'm trying to get my Williams Winner running 100%. I've made a lot of progress but the machine thinks that I'm out of credits when the credit reel hits 15. I assume this might just be an issue of removing the reel and repositioning it to 0 (instead of 15)?... but I thought I'd ask before I screw something up. Is this the right way to 'fix' this? Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Never worked on Williams but this sounds like a max/min cred switch issue. You need to look at the operation of it as it gets to zero and as it gets to max cred. Don't remove anything. Something is closed or open at the wrong time maybe.

Check out this site, look for Williams credit wheel:

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#free

#3 8 years ago

Thanks.. That link is really helpful.

#4 8 years ago

I wonder if the switch and stopper are working correctly but just the number reel is out of position.

#5 8 years ago

It looks like the switch and stopper are working correctly. I do think that someone just attached the reel incorrectly. Strange that the reel isn't slotted to require proper placement of it. I might just jumper the switches as taught in the above link... freeplay would be a good enhancement.

#6 8 years ago

My recent purchase of a Williams Aztec has the same issue but stops at 23 credits. The switch and stopper are working correctly and I was thinking that I need to take the wheel off and set it to the "0" position. Glad to see this question.

#7 8 years ago

those credit units are pretty simple. you can manually click them up/down through their travel, and watch the numbers when they hit home and max. the wheel can be mis installed, but its kinda hard, they are keyed, but gently. i think one of the 3 holes is bigger??
and sometimes, one of the switch blades gets on the wrong side of the stop, so look closely at that too.
there shud be a pin behind the clock gear that rests in a cup at home position, chk that too.

1 year later
#8 6 years ago

I know I'm late to this thread but I just fixed the same problem on my 1973 Williams Gulfstream. It was showing 20 on the credit wheel when the credits were out. Someone must have rotated one of the stops over the switches. I simply manually rotated the wheel counter clockwise and eased the stop over the switches and then this were in sync.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
StempleLABS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-credit-reel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.