(Topic ID: 68503)

Adhesive for gluing bumper back on end of habitrail?

By yonkiman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pad.jpg

#1 6 years ago

The blue bumper fell off while I was cleaning it. What's the best adhesive for putting it back on?
pad.jpg

#2 6 years ago

use rubbing alcohol to remove all the gunk and old glue on both sides, then use contact cement to re-stick.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

The blue bumper fell off while I was cleaning it. What's the best adhesive for putting it back on?

pad.jpg 88 KB

Contact cement, but make sure you clean both surfaces first to remove old adhesive.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Contact cement, but make sure you clean both surfaces first to remove old adhesive.

Do what Bryan F'n Kelly says

#6 6 years ago

Very true, but if you want it done now, go to the hardware store and buy the contact cement (you'll find other uses for it around the house) and some denatured alcohol. The alcohol is used to clean off the old adhesive and again, you'll find other uses for it around the house.

#7 6 years ago

http://www.michaels.com/E-6000%C2%AE/gc0181,default,pd.html

I really like this stuff for bonding plastics, metal, or glass.

#8 6 years ago

I clean off the old glue first then apply contact cement.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks everyone - it's great to see a clear consensus on pinside!

#10 6 years ago

I replace those bumper things with weather stripping. Seems to hold up well and doesn't rub off on the ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside