Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Medic
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider durgee7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 2 years ago

I'm learning so much about ADHD and possible causes. I'm pretty sure I have it since it takes me 5 times longer to focus on "boring" tasks. My oldest son has been showing stronger signs of ADHD and doctors are saying it's likely Autism Spectrum Disorder. Many of the people we have dealt with over the years made comments that were hints (without giving it a name)...such as teachers always pointing out behavioral and focus issues, anxiety (fight instinct), or the facial ticks... We've been hearing about it since pre-k and thought it was just his nature. 13 years later, the struggle continues.

Ok, enough of that selfish rant. Coffee snapped me into a hyper-focused state that allowed me to get through college. Unfortunately, more than 2 cups leads to heart palpitations..ugh.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I NEED to comment on this. I'm curious how old you are? I have just turned 40 and for the last few years, every once in a while I stumble on something that should be so coherently easy to recollect....think of it as 'on the tip-of-my-tongue' kind of feeling but MUCH worse. I will have a mental block for possibly hours on just a word or a name that was easy the day before. Accessing information is really a nail on the head here with ADHD. With age, I assume it only gets worse. It's almost like a nervous tick although I'm not a terribly nervous person? I don't know how to overly describe it.

I'm 40 and it happens more than I'd like to admit. Add to the list, peoples names that you haven't said for days or weeks. You recognize faces but can't always retrieve the name or word until the situation becomes uncomfortable. The pandemic has not made things easier.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider durgee7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adhd?tu=durgee7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.