Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Medic
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KHL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

As a fellow late diagnosed ADHD'r (3 years ago at age 45, currently 48) I can relate. Take any and all medical advice with a grain of salt, including mine; if you are on say Adderall or Vynanse the desired effect should actually be increased clarity of thought and increased focus vs "too many thoughts", that said, I'm also an advocate of Sativa strains.

As for learning useful playing techniques/strategies, I suggest getting a real ass kicking old school game like Paragon, Flash Gordon, Seawitch or any other classic solid state machine that absolutely punishes you for taking a wrong shot. I look at a game as being a Wing Chun dummy: every game as being a fight and the goal is to slow the battle down and 90% of an effective defense is just redirecting the energy the game is throwing at you. This means you'll be needing to focus more on blocking strikes (drop catches, dead flips) and keeping in mind how you'll deal with making a recovery as opposed to just focusing on the specific game's objectives.

Now practice, practice, practice. Other "wax on wax off" ideas including turning ball saves and extra balls off, set your machines to two balls instead of three and also setting your tilts tighter and tighter.

1 week later
    #17 2 years ago

There's nothing like falling asleep with a hot cup of coffee in your lap... LOL!

Quoted from gdonovan:Good advice here.
    If you really have ADHD stimulants have a different effect on you than other humans.
    I drink a gallon of coffee a day, easy. I can have a cup and fall asleep 5 minutes later. Espresso roast, hold the sugar, hold the cream. I have a full pot before even getting in the truck to head to work.
    My brother went the other direction, alcohol to help keep it in check, did not work out so well long term.
    You wonder how I can rip through so many diverse projects? ADHD. I can hyper focus with the best of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KHL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adhd?tu=KHL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.