Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Medic
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I NEED to comment on this. I'm curious how old you are?

31. It has happened my whole life. I log into work using the same number ID every single day. Ask me what that number is
    on the spot and I have no idea. I have to look at a number pad to physically type it out. Kind of those “oh yea I do know it” moments. Like I said, I KNOW what it is but I can’t access it. If I took a guess, you probably remember odd things better and have a bunch of random knowledge of something. Luckily mine happens to work with table/game rules.

Most people with ADHD self medicate with coffee. Hence why you can drink so much and still be not as affected as someone who drank the same and doesn’t have ADD/ADHD. It’s a lesser stimulant but you’re still sort of chasing that clarity.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zak440:31. It has happened my whole life. I log into work using the same number ID every single day. Ask me what that number is
    on the spot and I have no idea. I have to look at a number pad to physically type it out. Kind of those “oh yea I do know it” moments. Like I said, I KNOW what it is but I can’t access it. If I took a guess, you probably remember odd things better and have a bunch of random knowledge of something. Luckily mine happens to work with table/game rules.
    Most people with ADHD self medicate with coffee. Hence why you can drink so much and still be not as affected as someone who drank the same and doesn’t have ADD/ADHD. It’s a lesser stimulant but you’re still sort of chasing that clarity.

I have zero tattoos at my old age, but if I was to ever get one it will say "Chasing clarity."

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I have zero tattoos at my old age, but if I was to ever get one it will say "Chasing clarity."

Haha, you wouldn’t believe 18 year old me got “Vicious Delicious” across my chest(but no don’t regret it, it’s a great 2 truths and a lie response) Not a doctor obviously, but I would maybe look into a psychiatrist to see if you can get tested and get diagnosed. Even just having that reassurance that I wasn’t crazy and seeing the results was helpful to me. It sounds quite similar.

I fought it for years, I figured I was normal. I wasn’t dumb, I could still do a lot of things and I just played it off as that’s just who I am. Well, it is who I am but my brain is just wired a bit differently. I sort of became at peace with it and have improved ever since.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Also of interest- People with ADHD tend to attract friends who also have it.
    Don't know why but the number of friends I have who are on the ADHD spectrum is notable. I attribute it to how were wired and think. others find it off-putting, we find it refreshing. My wife cracks up when a friend calls, I'll answer, rattle off a short answer or two and go back to what I was doing with hardly a pause.

Most of the handful of friends I've made in adult life have autism and/or ADHD, so that sounds about right. And those that actually call me, tend to do so around 3am

#55 2 years ago

I posted something about taking the adhd test professionally. It is just a series of questions.

I had thought I was a d h d but I was not. Others thought I was I was a d h d but I was not.

I guess I assumed I was hyperactive or something over life; they tried to put me on rydillen in 1976.

But again officially no. Not ADHD. In my case. I’m sure others thought they were a d h d too like myself. (The reason I share this)

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Most of the handful of friends I've made in adult life have autism and/or ADHD, so that sounds about right. And those that actually call me, tend to do so around 3am

People think my life is normal, but I also am up at 3am. Kids, wife, demanding position, but that time is precious and sleep perils in comparison. And yes, the coffee begins at that time as well.

2 months later
    #57 1 year ago

My wife tells me I have adhd but never got diagnosed. My son is 11 and has been diagnosed with it and sometimes we share similar characteristics. He has the inattentive type. He’s not medicated since we wanted to try natural methods first. I’m aware there is no cure for adhd but I think certain vitamins has helped. High quality fish oil, b complex, exercise and trying to have structure in the day is key for him. Just sharing some things that have worked that might help others as an adult.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adhd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.