Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Days
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have been pulling my hair out with firmware updates for my Rush LE pin because of the slow wireless. While hard-wiring the pin to your router seems to be the fastest option, I've tried a number of different Wi-Fi adapters and was able to only find one that worked besides what shipped with the pin.

The one that ships is the Star Tech USB150WN1X1 with single antenna.

The one that also seems to work is the Star Tech USB300WN2X2C so basically the same thing but with dual antenna and theoretically double the speed. Still won't compare to hard-wire, however. That said, if you want to try for a speed boost, check out this adapter. Unfortunately it still runs at 2.4GHz; None of the 5GHz options were recognized by the pin.

#2 2 years ago

following for when my Prem finally arrives

3 weeks later
#3 2 years ago

Instead of looking for a USB adapter, as compatibility will be limited to what drivers Stern has included in their software, you're probably better off looking for a 5GHz WiFi to Ethernet adapter. Something like this could do the trick: https://www.brostrend.com/products/e1 That way you can use the wired Ethernet port on the mainboard and not need to worry about any drivers. So long as Stern supports a wired connection you should be able to use an Ethernet to WiFi adapter. For that particular model you'll need to figure out how you'll tap off the service power plug to power it. There are adapters that can power from a USB port (ex., those by VONETS) but I didn't see any 5GHz ones. I've used similar adapters for things like the original Xbox and Golden Tee arcade cabinets in order to get them from Ethernet to WiFi.

And personal preference (plus that of the local pinball arcade) is to do updates via USB thumb drive anyway. More "front end" work but probably more likely to be without problems.

3 months later
#4 1 year ago

Just bought a second hand iron maiden premium, it doesn't come with the WiFi, am also interested in a solution

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/additional-wi-fi-option-for-stern-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.