• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by highspeed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I read this is an old post:

"If a special solenoid actuation switch locks on, the solenoid itself will lock on as well, (hopefully) blowing the associated fuse before blowing the Tip122/2n4401/7402 grounding chain. An inline fuse holder can be added to all special solenoids with a 1 amp fuse installed to help prevent this situation."

I would like to add these inline fuses to all my special solenoids on my High Speed. Where should these be wired in at? Do I use slow blow fuses?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from highspeed:

I read this is an old post:
"If a special solenoid actuation switch locks on, the solenoid itself will lock on as well, (hopefully) blowing the associated fuse before blowing the Tip122/2n4401/7402 grounding chain. An inline fuse holder can be added to all special solenoids with a 1 amp fuse installed to help prevent this situation."
I would like to add these inline fuses to all my special solenoids on my High Speed. Where should these be wired in at? Do I use slow blow fuses?
Thanks

You can add them almost anywhere, inline fuse holders can be right at the solenoid trigger wires under the playfield near the solenoid coils, or you can install them in the backbox right off of IJ19. The latter would be easier and more convenient in my opinion. I would try them with standard blow fuses first, for the best protection.

#3 10 years ago

I would go inline near each solenoid. Should be plenty of space under the PF.

1 amp slow blow probably a good fuse value.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the help!

2 weeks later
#5 10 years ago

I finished installing the first 5 special solenoid fuses. I installed the inline fuses under the PF, at the solenoid trigger wires. Special solenoid # 6 is for the Top playfield flashers, blu-blk wire from IJ19-9. Where can I add this in under the PF?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-special-solenoid-inline-fuses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.