(Topic ID: 87240)

Adding recovery post below flippers tips...

By J_Striker

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by sosage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I have decided to add a recovery post below the flippers on my BDK. I have searched around but I can not find any suggestions on how to add it to the game. I did not know if this is something I need to buy to screw into the wood or is it a post that needs a nut added on the underside of play field. Anyone with experience in adding this post to the game please help out... I also need to know where and what to buy to add it... thanks guys and gals

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Striker:

I have decided to add a recovery post below the flippers on my BDK. I have searched around but I can not find any suggestions on how to add it to the game. I did not know if this is something I need to buy to screw into the wood or is it a post that needs a nut added on the underside of play field. Anyone with experience in adding this post to the game please help out... I also need to know where and what to buy to add it... thanks guys and gals

I'm assuming this is to make the game easier? If so, have you already closed the outlanes to reduce drains?

I'd strongly recommend not doing this - if you ever go to sell the pin, the new buyer likely isn't going to care for that, and it will significantly reduce your resale value (my 2 cents there).

If you are set on doing this, just a regular star post and screw from pinball life or other vendors will work.

thanks, Michael

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Striker:

Are you sure you want to drill thru your play field for this? It will devalue the game when you go to sell it and it is kind of cheating. LOL

#4 9 years ago

one word...

don't...

#5 9 years ago

Please do not do this. You will regret it if you ever plan to sell.

#6 9 years ago

Listen to everyone above.

Don't do it.

You'll never sell it later if you do. Unless you "forget" to mention it and the buyer doesn't know it didn't have one originally.

#7 9 years ago

Don't ruin a perfectly good game by drilling holes in the playfield to add a needless post!

#8 9 years ago

*random brain rubbish without thinking too hard*
    Curious whether some form of stiff wire could be extended from a fitting under the apron/apron screws themselves, that could be then bent to form a downward 'hook'. a floating wire..post..save.

No destrying required.

Doubt it'd hold but idk.

#9 9 years ago

Your game, play it how you want and do what you want to it.

#10 9 years ago

Play better!

#11 9 years ago

The game was designed to be challenging WITHOUT the post.

Adding the post changes this dynamic.

DONT DO IT.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Your game, play it how you want and do what you want to it.

usually i agree with this philosophy... i get off that bus when it comes to drilling holes in playfields for posts though...

#13 9 years ago

I agree with all of the above...Don't do it! I own a BDK and it really isn't that difficult of a pin to begin with. The only thing it will do for sure is make the game worth less money.

#14 9 years ago

Your local hardware store might have the parts. Stop in next time you're out buying your tampons.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Your local hardware store might have the parts. Stop in next time you're out buying your tampons.

Hoooooooooh......

#16 9 years ago

Id copy sm design if youre stuck on doing it. Measure, mark, drill it, without removing the playfield. If all goes wrong you could always patch it/touch up. It going to piss people off but its your game. You have the right to do whatever you want to it. Valuing is going to change. Maybe few hundred or so. Might be a hard sell. Also ive seen this after "mod" cause a long stress crack if the balls slam that post over time and if tighten down too hard. Good luck, post pics.

#17 9 years ago

Do it so that I can buy it for cheap when you go to sell.
    In other words, don't do it...

#18 9 years ago

yeah you guys are right... it just pisses me off when the ball hits the joker drop target and drains EVERYTIME... just aggravating but you guys are right... will try to improve skills instead of making new hole for post

#19 9 years ago

NOOOOOOOO

I almost cried when I saw the Tron LE center post mod Thread.

Do it if you must but I would strongly advise against this kind of mod unless you are taking this pin to your grave with you.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Striker:

yeah you guys are right... it just pisses me off when the ball hits the joker drop target and drains EVERYTIME... just aggravating but you guys are right... will try to improve skills instead of making new hole for post

Maybe the machine just needs tuned. I am not familiar enough with this game to know if this is normal.

#21 9 years ago

Physically tweak the target mount. A minor adjustment should fix this. This is what I consider dialing a pin in. A very minor twist in the Existing holes, will often redirect the ball just enough on impact. Cushioned target decals will change it also!

#22 9 years ago

I had a BDK and it wasn't that bad so an adjustment sounds in order... BDK game times are generally known to be long not short

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Striker:

backhand the shot

make sure machine is leveled properly

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sc1f1:

I had a BDK and it wasn't that bad so an adjustment sounds in order... BDK game times are generally known to be long not short

I was thinking the same thing, although I never owned a BDK, but have put in a lot of games on different machines. The Joker target isn't "safe", in that if you hit it right it can fling the ball back at you or it can go a little wild, but it isn't a shot that results in going SDTM a ton of times.

+1 don't drill the PF up. Adjust everything that is available to you out-of-the-box.

Also +1 that games tend to be long on this one. Something may not be set up right on the OP's machine...?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-recovery-post-below-flippers-tips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.