(Topic ID: 220138)

Adding Power Sources and Splitters to Pins for Mods

By KingBW

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220206_150615 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-125933 (resized).png
    RockPower (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

thanks for the video, question do you know of any approaches to trigger a mod that is powered my the pinball life board

#14 3 years ago

my 2 products can run on 5-12vdc and easier on a bally / williams but a stern with node boards has got me a bit nervous.

for in a bally / williams they can activate and turn on when a feature light comes on via comet adaptor, for a stern it would run off the pinballlife power board like what you preferred at the end of your video with the fuses - the trick is interfacing a device to turn on with a led and in my case a GB slimer green pcb. It does have a square 4 pin plug under the playfield that could be tapped into ????

10 months later
    #22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey guys! I found this thread while searching for some of my modding ideas. I am wondering if I want to add a small electric spinning motor to a spike 2 game, how I’d go about doing so. Do I need the accessory power supply for spike 2 systems from pinball life, or can I simply wire in a small motor under the playfield? Please excuse my ignorance. I’ve seen several mods out there and I’d love to know how they are done. Like a spinning sign, or that sweet spinning propeller on the Batman 66 helicopter. How are these folks accomplishing that? I’m still researching but didn’t think it’d hurt to ask where to start. Thanks in advance.

In developing a mod I learnt a little about the power supplies

The power supplies from places like Pinball Life are good and they can tap into Stern's system but are limited to a 500mA power draw so leds are fine but 2 small servos or a motor required either 5 or 12 vdc will quickly go over the available 500mA. Going over could start to cause power issues and result in issues with the game or node boards therefore it is safer to add a power supply of your own to either external power or using an available socket in the head (only for some countries).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-power-sources-and-splitters-to-pins?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.