Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0411 (resized).JPG
IMG_4440 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

I'm restoring a Gottlieb Dimension. It's getting an NOS play field. I'd like to keep track of how many plays on the new pf.

Has anyone here added a total play meter to an add-a-ball? If so, how have you wired it in?

TIA
-W

#2 3 years ago

The Dimension schematic shows it wired in parallel with the Start relay (SB1) coil.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

Let's see a picture of the bottom panel. There should be solder lugs already there for installing the 24 volt AC meter.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
I'm restoring a Gottlieb Dimension. It's getting an NOS play field. I'd like to keep track of how many plays on the new pf.
Has anyone here added a total play meter to an add-a-ball? If so, how have you wired it in?
TIA
-W

You should install the meter on the mounting board for the fuses and tilt assembly, like pictured below on a Jumping Jack.

Hook into the top two receptacles (black on the left, blue on the right) and it should work. I just tried jacking in a meter there on my Dimension and it worked for both coin drops and pushing the coin door button.

Welcome to the NOS Dimension playfield club.

IMG_4440 (resized).JPGIMG_4440 (resized).JPG

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Let's see a picture of the bottom panel. There should be solder lugs already there for installing the 24 volt AC meter.

Thanks Ken,

Bottom board was replaced. Do you mean the motor board?

IMG_0411 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPG
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

You should install the meter on the mounting board for the fuses and tilt assembly, like pictured below on a Jumping Jack.

I'll bet that blue wire is the same one in the schematic the goes to the start relay.

Quoted from leckmeck:

Welcome to the NOS Dimension playfield club.

Thank you, just how large is this club?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I'll bet that blue wire is the same one in the schematic the goes to the start relay.

Thank you, just how large is this club?

I know of two other guys with NOS playfields. Did you source yours from that eBay seller in Italy, Ballyop? Mine came from him.

#8 3 years ago

yup, came from Alessandro, Well, I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet, but he says it should arrive mid June.

#9 3 years ago

One of my SS games got one of these meters installed. Anyone know how to reset the count to zero? I cant see any button or similar to press.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

One of my SS games got one of these meters installed. Anyone know how to reset the count to zero? I cant see any button or similar to press.

You have to take it apart to reset the count

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

You have to take it apart to reset the count

Oh ok, thanks for the answer. Not sure its worth the hassle though as its only in home use.

#12 3 years ago

My thoughts on metering an add-a-ball game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party/page/15#post-5073322
Perhaps you'll want to join the have-data-to-adjust-EB-scores-rationally club?
.................David Marston

#13 3 years ago

great idea Dave, nice job.

#14 3 years ago

I know the later Gottlieb add-a-balls had wiring on the front of the motor board for mounting a game counter, but I think "Dimension" was produced well before that became standard.

#15 3 years ago

I had forgotten about some games having the meter connections over by the plumb bob tilt. Most replay EM machines have the meter on the bottomm relay board.

#16 3 years ago

No connections on this one. I'll more than likely connect it to the blue wire on that jones plug coming from the door. It traces it back to the start relay.

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Works, Thanks you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-play-meter-to-gottlieb-aab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.