Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA1B4099-31E0-4CC6-8485-B708DAAC0B40 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.04.02 PM (resized).png
    IMG_20200328_185542 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200229_211328 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I currently have 2 Spike era games both with Pinstadium lighting on them. I love the extra lighting, but hate dealing with the strips when raising and lowering the playfield. Plus, the magnetic strips often want to separate and require reattatchment. So, I'm thinking about removing the Pinstadium kits, and adding LED spotlights instead. Is this an issue on the Spike systems? What's the best wiring option? How many can be added? Etc..... All help is much appreciated.

Did you look into the "Hover" option on the Pinstadium lights? They are adjustable mounts for them so they attach to the playfield instead of the sides of the cabinet. With them installed you can raise and lower the playfield without having to detach and reattach the Pinstadium lights.

#14 4 years ago

I have seen those, and correct me if I'm wrong, but dont the hovers attatch to the playfield using some sort of double sided tape? I'm thinking I want to get away from all forms of magnetic tape or sticky tape.

I believe the hovers stick to the playfield or the plastics. I think this depends on the game and what is along the edge of each side of the playfield.

#24 4 years ago

"It's embarrassing that I don't know the answer to this...but does the GI have it's own fuse on Spike games?"
    I dont know the answer to that either

I think there is only the main power fuse in SPIKE 2 games. I believe some of the early SPIKE 1 boards were fused, but people come to discover the boards would blow before the fuses did...so they just removed the fuses from the boards all together.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-lighting-to-a-spike-game-help?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.