You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1997 (resized).JPG
IMG_1993 (resized).JPG
detail-5 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

How would I wire a middle light socket to a Mata Hari machine? Can I just jumper the socket from one of the other 2 sockets? There is a taped up wiring harness there for a missing middle coin mechanism. I'm not sure if I should try to use that. I'm making some custom inserts for the left and right coins slots. I want to add this Bally insert (from Marco Specialties) to the middle slot but there is no light. The inserts with just the word Bally are no longer available so this was the next best thing I could find. Right now there is just a blank metal plate there. Thanks.

detail-5 (resized).jpgdetail-5 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Just buy a socket for the bulb you intend to use, then use the existing wiring that's already there. Use the others to see how its wired.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks pinkid. It's actually much simpler than I thought. I unwrapped the unused harness. The yellow and green wires will go to the new lamp socket. They match up with the other 2 sockets.

IMG_1993 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Apparently it's not as simple as I thought. It's not working. If anyone has a wiring picture of a lit middle coin door on a 70's Bally I would appreciate it. It seems simple but I must be doing something wrong.

#5 6 years ago

Never mind figured it out. Wrong type of lamp socket. Socket bracket was not insulated from the socket itself and was shorting to the coin door. I ordered different style sockets.

#6 6 years ago

Glad you figured it out. I did some of my old Ballys this way too. The sockets I used don't bend well and break if not careful. The end product looks good.

#8 6 years ago

That's exactly the sockets I ordered, thanks. The one I had looked similar but the insulator was not in the same place. They were ok for under the playfield, but not for the coin door. Here's how my mod looks so far without the center light.

IMG_1997 (resized).JPGIMG_1997 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-light-to-bally-unused-coin-door-slot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.