Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Warbound
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Has anyone successfully outfitted Capcom Pinball Magic with LEDs?

I tried with my spare stash of CoinTaker LEDs, and it appears to define the term 'ghosting.'

Has anyone had any success with this endeavor?

Thanks in advance,
-Brian

#2 10 years ago

I believe other have tried and run into issues with this machine. If memory serves I know someone said that they couldn't get the backbox GI to work correctly no matter what they tried.

Chris

#3 10 years ago

Black Rose did it. Looks killer!

#4 10 years ago

BR...nice choices. That does look most excellent!

Some reading: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-causes-led-ghosting

faz

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Black Rose did it. Looks killer!
» YouTube video

I hate to say it, but IMO, that video is a great example of why people say not to put LEDs in Capcom games. The flicker would drive me nuts.

#6 10 years ago

I believe even the GI needs non-ghosting bulbs, as opposed to just the inserts on the capcom

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I believe even the GI needs non-ghosting bulbs, as opposed to just the inserts on the capcom

Yeah. Capcom games have two 8x8 lamp matrices, so there isn't really a distinction between inserts and GI. Since both are controlled by a matrix, both are prone to ghosting. The CT Premiums that B_R used in that video should take care of the ghosting problem, but you still have flicker to deal with.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yeah. Capcom games have two 8x8 lamp matrices, so there isn't really a distinction between inserts and GI. Since both are controlled by a matrix, both are prone to ghosting. The CT Premiums that B_R used in that video should take care of the ghosting problem, but you still have flicker to deal with.

I fully understand, just commenting that the GI needs non-ghosting as well. Will your boards work in capcom games when they are available again?

#9 10 years ago

No. I looked into it at one point, but there were a couple of big obstacles that made it unrealistic.

1. Two matrices would mean two boards, doubling the cost.
2. There are not enough Capcom games out there to make the development work worthwhile. There's just not enough demand.

#10 10 years ago

Great Help Guys.....Would the No Flicker and No Ghosting Super Flux, help Brian with the flicker?
It has a small capacitor, and worked on my TZ and Roadshow....Would this work for him in a Capcom, Harold, or James?

#11 10 years ago

Art,
I think they would probably help, but I don't have enough experience to say for sure. I would say they're the best option I can think of to try.

#12 10 years ago

Art- did you send me any of those in my 'test kit?' My mom has a Pinball Magic, so I can test something on it the next time I'm there if that helps any.

#13 10 years ago

Hi M,

No, I dont believe you received any in the last order/sample.

Those were the retro and 8mm LEDs for an EM.
I can send in next.

Thanks Harold for the input,

Brian, I believe you have a sample of this I gave you at the car show....Ill bet you havent tried all those new goodies I gave you yet!

Art

1 year later
#14 8 years ago

Been a year guys. Did anyone try the led with attached capacitor on a PM pin??? Just curious. I want to led mine out badly but need minimal to no flicker.

TX

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-leds-to-capcom-pinball-magic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.