rg_hold_flipper_after_(resized).png
rg_25v_after_(resized).png
rg_25v_before_(resized).png
rg_50v_after_(resized).png
rg_50v_before_(resized).png
201407030656022303_(resized).jpg
aux_driver_(resized).png
61cF0F83bCL._SY355__(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beebl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

4. On games with 24 Volt #1251 flashlamps (Pinbot, Cyclone...) These are usually wired 3 sockets parallel to each other. Change the sockets so that the bulbs are wired in series instead (daisy chain them) Technically they will be just at 8-12V each on the flashers but they are still very bright, Then you can use three 12V flashers. Note that when doing this make sure that the 24V enters the first socket at the nipple and exits though the body and then enters the next socket through the nipple and exits the body and same for the third. This is important in case the LED's you are using are polarized as polarized lamps won't light when powered backwards (incandescents don't care which way the current flows) . Note that with the series connection one bulb out of the circuit or broken will cause the other 2 bulbs not to light. I don't think this method will switch back to 12V incandescent very well as the voltage per bulb might be too low, but I haven't tried.

Thanks for the details on the 24v flahsers.
How does this work with SoF? It seems to only have one #1251 flash lamp?

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

WOW... so, in one sentence, you just solved the mystery as to why my mini-playfield flasher keeps burning out.

Ha! Mystery solved -- If you plan to convert it to a standard 89 let me know. I'm still scratching my head over where this resistor is kbliznick is talking about in the schematic.. I'm ordering parts from PL then i'll dig into it next week...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
Boards
PinSound

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beebl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games?tu=Beebl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.