(Topic ID: 337687)

Adding games to your list before they arrive

By Gribbs

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 10 months ago

There is a VERY good reason to add pre-ordered games to your list even when you haven’t physically received them yet:

The Marketplace will offer you relevant mods that you can buy while you are waiting for your game, but will do so only if that game is on your list.

However, here is the BEST reason to do it: It apparently REALLY annoys busy-body Pinsiders who can’t just keep their minds on their OWN lists and are bothered by what is on YOUR list. And that, my friends, is…priceless!

#2 10 months ago

if You paid for it You own it

#3 10 months ago

Do whatever you like

#4 10 months ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

However, here is the BEST reason to do it: It apparently REALLY annoys busy-body Pinsiders who can’t just keep their minds on their OWN lists and are bothered by what is on YOUR list.

If you find it so annoying ...
    Set your collection to private.

#5 10 months ago

Add games you don’t own. Make up fictional games. Write a poem. Who cares?

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

If you find it so annoying ...
    Set your collection to private.

Why should he have to hide his collection form douche bags?!

I personally don't add them till it's in my house but it's absolutely one of the most recockulus things that people get worked up aboot.

#7 10 months ago

I’m now checking everyone’s collections that has a pulp fiction and will mock them

#8 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why should he have to hide his collection form douche bags?!
    I personally don't add them till it's in my house but it's absolutely one of the most recockulus things that people get worked up aboot.

Ha ha, you said cock

#9 10 months ago

First world problems Lolol

#10 10 months ago

There are also a couple pinside winners who add every game to their collection to puff up their pinside achievement point totals...like really? Or the guy that I never knew before PMing me and asking me to follow him so he can get enough followers to unlock an achievement. But he immediately deleted the PM thread, so I could not respond. We have all types here.

#11 10 months ago

I honestly didn't know this was something people even cared about.

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

I honestly didn't know this was something people even cared about.

It’s weird people put games in their collection they don’t actually have so it’s a
    Conundrum

#13 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It’s weird people put games in their collection they don’t actually have so it’s a
    Conundrum

it’s downright unconstitutional I tell ya!

#14 10 months ago

I say if the money leaves your account even if it's in the form of a deposit and not paid in full, it's fair game to add it to your collection. See my PFLE incoming in 2024...maybe, haha! Pinside adds the new ones to the database before they are released to most of us so why not. Personal preference I guess.

#15 10 months ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

I say if the money leaves your account even if it's in the form of a deposit and not paid in full, it's fair game to add it to your collection. See my PFLE incoming in 2024...maybe, haha! Pinside adds the new ones to the database before they are released to most of us so why not. Personal preference I guess.

I’m your local buddy that wants to come play it, holy fuck you have one??? “Ahhhhh no I don’t, check back in 3 months “

#16 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I’m your local buddy that wants to come play it, holy fuck you have one??? “Ahhhhh no I don’t, check back in 3 months “

You can come play it in 2024. I'm sure I'll be waiting still at that point. Pinside has them listed as "production planned". I wonder when they make the switch to "in production" or how they decide this on Pinside?

#17 10 months ago

84 lying bastards have Pulp me included

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #18 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Conundrum

Yea...stays in my wishlist until in the gameroom, then move to my collection. Thing could get smashed in transit, lost, whatever....just me.

Sometimes reachout to other Pinheads that have a game I own for tech talk, etc. No biggie

#19 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea...stays in my wishlist until in the gameroom, then move to my collection. Thing could get smashed in transit, lost, whatever....just me.
    Sometimes reachout to other Pinheads that have a game I own for tech talk, etc. No biggie

You still flying up for my Lake Tourney?

#20 10 months ago

Cool. I added GF CE, I haven't gotten yet but traded for and PF LE, which will come in for tech support at some point.

I wonder if I'll get in trouble ?

When I put a game in years ago on the Pinball Map as coming soon, they got mad. They didn't seem to mind others doing the same thing though.

LTG : )

#21 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You still flying up for my Lake Tourney?

Big time Corey!!! Let's do this!

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Cool. I added GF CE, I haven't gotten yet but traded for and PF LE, which will come in for tech support at some point.
    When I put a game in years ago on the Pinball Map as coming soon, they got mad. They didn't seem to mind others doing the same thing though.

You are on notice! I’ve informed my secret service collection security team and this will not go unpunished

#23 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Big time Corey!!! Let's do this!

I’m about to get game 4 + STTNG….friend said he can bring Rick and Morty, gonna be a madfest, might Ad kayak races into game night

#24 10 months ago

Just bought TSPP, shipping paid and pick up scheduled, but haven't joined the owners thread yet. Ive looked at mods by checking the relayed market section. Its all personal preference in the end, but agree there shouldn't be anything wrong with adding adding a pin if you got an invoice for it.

#25 10 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lol...you're good Lloyd...tenure earns priviledge...glad you're getting a GFCE..stellar support awaits!!

#26 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I’m about to get game 4 + STTNG….friend said he can bring Rick and Morty, gonna be a madfest, might Ad kayak races into game night

Too far to bring a game w me, but adult beverages travel well!!! Epic!...Can't wait!!

#27 10 months ago

I had GZ Premium listed on my collection for like 8 months before I decided to just get a CCSE. I’m now convinced that if you put a preordered game in your collection, it takes longer to get there. So my FF Premium, paid in full, is not going on there until I have it unpacked and playing.

#28 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Too far to bring a game w me, but adult beverages travel well!!! Epic!...Can't wait!!

If you don’t show up it will never be forgotten I’ll have a date soon

#29 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You are on notice! I’ve informed my secret service collection security team and this will not go unpunished

Beat me daddy, eight to the bar.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

stellar support awaits!!

Not much. Remember I don't work for them anymore.

#30 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I had GZ Premium listed on my collection for like 8 months before I decided to just get a CCSE. I’m now convinced that if you put a preordered game in your collection, it takes longer to get there. So my FF Premium, paid in full, is not going on there until I have it unpacked and playing.

Didnt want to bring up the jinx card, but you just played it ( and my main reason for not adding early, lol)...think anyone can do what they want though...no biggie...paid for my GFCE in full when I decided that I NEEDED it ( yes an addiction fix)...hoping Distros get their allocations rolling soon

#31 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

If you don’t show up it will never be forgotten I’ll have a date soon

Bring it...I'm there!!

#32 10 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not much. Remember I don't work for them anymore.

You've been helping people for years without working for them ( me alot when I dove into ownership)...always appreciated!!

#33 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

You've been helping people for years without working for them ( me alot when I dove into ownership)...always appreciated!!

LTG is one of my most beloved pinsiders, Thank you for all you do for us! You are a treasure

#34 10 months ago

Another thread to file in the "Who gives a shit?" category

#35 10 months ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

File another thread in the "Who gives a shit?" category

Agreed....that file is over 75% full sadly...at least no game or member bashing in here ( yet)

#36 10 months ago

Before I knew you could hide your collection I removed them all cause I got too many messages of people wanting to buy something I had.

I should add my games back in since I became good friends with DavidLee when he noticed we both owned a WMS superstar EM

#37 10 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Before I knew you could hide your collection I removed them all cause I got too many messages of people wanting to buy something I had.
    I should add my games back in since I became good friends with DavidLee when he noticed we both owned a WMS superstar EM

What are you selling? I’m in

#38 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....that file is over 75% full sadly...at least no game or member bashing in here ( yet)

Pm sent.

#39 10 months ago

I don't add to my collection until its in the house, don't care if other people do it differently. The one I do find weird though is when people have games in their "History" before the game has even been released.

#40 10 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

What are you selling? I’m in

PM me if you’re looking for a captain fantastic with a great PF. You might be joking but I’m not.

#41 10 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

PM me if you’re looking for a captain fantastic with a great PF. You might be joking but I’m not.

No cap for me ty! Appreciate it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-games-to-your-list-before-they-arrive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.