• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67E23D67-E2F7-44F1-AAE5-33FEBBC358BD (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hey guys and gals, I just bought my first Pin, and Avengers Infinity Quest Premium a month ago but it is feeling kinda lonely in my soon to be gameroom all by himself. I am looking to add an arcade machine to compliment my AIQ but I don't want an Arcade1Up. Pretty simple question here after looking at the other post and not really seeing anything, what are some of the sites that you guys order from and usually have pretty good prices/customer service? I am looking for more of the classic arcade machines and not one of the huge multicades. At the bottom I have included a list of some of the ones I am looking for and I loved playing growing up in local pizza parlors and wing restaurants. Some of these are older than I am I believe but if it matters these are the types of games I am interested in, yes I know its all over the place. I have found some pretty low prices on sites like arcadesmarket.com but I don't know if some of these sites are too good to be true because of the lower prices compared to other shops I have looked at. Any help or suggested websites would be greatly appreciated.

Star Wars Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Trilogy
Tron
The Simpsons
TMNT
X-Men
Pac Man and Galaga

Still need a couple of shipments to come in before I can buy, I just want to start putting together an idea of what good prices are and legit sites I can get them from.

#2 1 year ago

Good luck with that one. The classic arcade machine market is in the same situation as the pinball market right now. Lots of demand, small amount of supply and lots of scam sites galore. The biggest problem is the CRT monitors those classic games use. They are no longer being made and are getting hard to find. It's one of the reasons why the Arcade 1up machines are a big hit.

Personally, I recommend getting a Multicade. You don't have to go after a giant 4,000-in-1 machine. You can get a custom one made built to your liking. There are quite a few custom multicade shops out there. For example, you can get one built (from the ground up or using an existing cabinet) that looks like a classic 6ft arcade cabinet with working coin mech and has just 6 (or 12) games loaded into it using an actual arcade standard JAMMA board.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

You don't have to go after a giant 4,000-in-1 machine. You can get a custom one made built to your liking. There are quite a few custom multicade shops out there.

Any examples of these shops that you can give me?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Any examples of these shops that you can give me?

Search craigslist for arcade. You may find someone in your area making them.

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

CRT monitors are not hard to fix. If you don't have the skills to repair them, there are several techs that repair the CRT monitors for a living.
Get yourself a cabinet with an authentic CRT monitor, forget the LCDs. Then for a multi-game board, look into something like the BitKit FPGA board.
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/bitkit-fpga-40-games-more-to-come.373372/
http://craftymech.com/

Take a look on the arcade museum forums. Plenty of arcade games constantly being bought, sold and traded.
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/

Quoted from Shogun00:

Good luck with that one. The classic arcade machine market is in the same situation as the pinball market right now. Lots of demand, small amount of supply and lots of scam sites galore. The biggest problem is the CRT monitors those classic games use. They are no longer being made and are getting hard to fix. It's one of the reasons why the Arcade 1up machines are a big hit.
Personally, I recommend getting a Multicade. You don't have to go after a giant 4,000-in-1 machine. You can get a custom one made built to your liking. There are quite a few custom multicade shops out there. For example, you can get one built (from the ground up or using an existing cabinet) that looks like a classic 6ft arcade cabinet with working coin mech and has just 6 (or 12) games loaded into it using an actual arcade standard JAMMA board.

#6 1 year ago

Check your local Facebook marketplace. Tnt amusements in Philly is legit and they ship.

#7 1 year ago

Ms Pac-Man Galaga class of 1981 is a great combo. If you can’t find an original CGC is still making them under license with Namco.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/arcade/ms-pacman-galaga

#8 1 year ago

Another great option IMO is an Ultracade by CGC. They are commercially built cabinets with CRTs and have various game packs you can buy. There’s also some upgrade kits available out there that you can buy that add several hundred games to the lineup. The OS is very intuitive, has a nice graphical interface, and the emulation is pretty good considering for all of the games. Of the Multi games I’ve had over the years this IMO is by far the best and the only one I’ve hung onto. They come up on Craigslist fairly often although like others have mentioned, the prices are just as crazy on the arcade side.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexZander:

Take a look on the arcade museum forums. Plenty of arcade games constantly being bought, sold and traded.
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/

Klov isnt too wild about multi games. Arcadecontrols is better for that. The Ultimate Arcades are good quality multis, I personally think those beat-em-ups you listed get old quick in a home environment. While they are JAMMA and boards can be swapped in and out, the price they command might not be worth it unless you really like the game

#10 1 year ago

I would check out this Facebook group

67E23D67-E2F7-44F1-AAE5-33FEBBC358BD (resized).png67E23D67-E2F7-44F1-AAE5-33FEBBC358BD (resized).png
#11 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Ms Pac-Man Galaga class of 1981 is a great combo. If you can’t find an original CGC is still making them under license with Namco.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/arcade/ms-pacman-galaga

Yeah I have a lot of coaching buddies that come over from time to time, some of them are already inviting themselves over to play pinball on a weekly basis but I think I would catch a little too much hell for my liking with a Ms PacMan themed arcade. I did find a PacMan 35th Anniversary and Galaga combo after watching a video on the Home Pinball Collections page on facebook that I thought would be good.

Quoted from Coz:

I would check out this Facebook group
[quoted image]

Thanks Coz, just sent a request to join the group.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexZander:

CRT monitors are not hard to fix.

Damn it, Autocorrect! That supposed to say "find", not fix. As is it's hard find a CRT that doesn't have any burn in.

#13 1 year ago

KLOV is the arcade enthusiast equivalent of Pinside and probably worth checking out, although the forum software is decades behind.

The only thing I would add is to keep in mind how many people are going to be playing your games. I used to have about 10 arcades, a few of which were multi-player focused like la Street Fighter 2 and an Area 51. Much like the sinspons, xmen, etc, unless you have people to play with, these games are going to sit there...they just aren't fun alone unless you have some unquenchable nostalgia for them...especially with unlimited credits. The 80s classics have true single player staying power, and when do you have guests everyone knows them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-an-arcade-machine?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.