(Topic ID: 201019)

Adding a subwoofer to my Mustang (Polk PSW10)

By 67cutlass

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3615 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3614 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Reading the other threads, decided to purchase a Polk PSW10 (Amazon has them for $89.99 with free prime shipping).

Looking at the back of it, it has Low Pass with a range from 80-100-160, and a switch for phase from 0 to 180.

From reading the other thread, I think I will run alligator clips to the speaker located at the bottom of the cabinet
    and then out the back through the power cord opening.

Couple of questions:

1) For the Low Pass, what should i be on?

2) For the phase switch, should it be at 0 or 180

3) How do I know which is the Positive and Negative on the speaker in the cabinet

4) What gauge wire is the best to use?

5) Connecting it to the Input, on the subwoofer, either right side or left side input is fine, Correct?

#2 6 years ago

play around with low pass til you get desired bass sound, 0, cabinet wire with line on it is positive/all black negative, heavier gauge is better, side dont matter/pick right or left. best part is you can hook two games up to one sub! they rock

#3 6 years ago

I have never liked the alligator clip method. I put in molex connectors in all my machines and can switch in a minute.

IMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3614 (resized).JPG

IMG_3615 (resized).JPGIMG_3615 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

some games i did alligator clips, others i just soldered the speaker wire to the speaker terminal. i've seen people use spade terminals too

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-a-subwoofer-to-my-mustang-polk-psw10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.