41 days ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by PinWoofer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC00748 (resized).JPG
    DSC00747 (resized).JPG
    DSC00749 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 41 days ago

Hi Fellas

Ok. Got a new tv and got rid of my stereo and sub that was connected to the old. Now I have a nice hardly used AC powered Polk sub that I have no use for. I know that others here have added subs to their games and was wondering if this makes sense to add to one of the following; Austin Powers, Demo Man or WOZ.

Don’t want to botch the machine all up by doing this but if one of these games could benefit than it just may make sense as otherwise I have a pile of gear that I cannot use.

Your thoughts please...

G

#3 41 days ago

Ok. First suggestion is WOZ. Is there a straightforward way to do this on this particular game?

#4 41 days ago

On modern games, the neg side of the speaker (if you decide to tap off at the internal woofer for the sub) might not be at ground potential. This will eliminate that problem. Better safe than sorry. I have 4 or 5 and run the pins into a single sub thru a cheapie $25 mixer.

amazon.com link »

#5 41 days ago

Thank you MB. I assume than I would just run this off the cabinet speaker then. Do I understand correctly?

#6 41 days ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Is there a straightforward way to do this on this particular game?

The plug on the back of the game.

LTG : )

#7 41 days ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Thank you MB. I assume than I would just run this off the cabinet speaker then. Do I understand correctly?

Yep. The link was for a stereo unit, so you only use one side. Get a couple of small insulated alligator clips so you can connect to the cab sub. The other side has 2 RCA outputs (again, stereo - so you only use one side) and run that to the line input on the sub or a mixer. Guys must use these for their car stereos to hook up their powered subs. There's also a ground wire which might need to be connected to the pin chassis ground if you get any hum. My AS had a hum if I turned it up, but wasn't needed at the lower level I run so I never tried that (yet).

It's really just what's called a 'balun'. If the amp's neg output is not at ground, then it's a 'Balanced' output. Whereas the Polk input is what's called 'single ended' or 'Unbalanced' - one side is ground. Hence, BALanced to UNbalanced, or 'balun' for short. The pin's amp might not like being grounded on one side.

LTG has a lot more experience then I, so he can chime too . Might not be needed, but doesn't hurt anything to install anyway. I can send pics if needed.

#8 41 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The plug on the back of the game.

Could you elaborate a bit L? Not quite as familiar with the game as you are. Location? Does anything need to be done in the setup? These would be very helpful if possible. Thank you

#9 41 days ago

You can roll your own, as Mbwalker, has shown. Or can buy something like the Pinnovators sub mixer:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=58

#10 41 days ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Could you elaborate a bit L?

See yellow arrows on pictures.

Quoted from GPS:

Does anything need to be done in the setup

Plug it in.

DSC00747 (resized).JPGDSC00748 (resized).JPGDSC00749 (resized).JPG
    #11 41 days ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

You can roll your own, as Mbwalker, has shown. Or can buy something like the Pinnovators sub mixer:

That's actually a nice option. My pins don't happen to have a line out to the outside world. So I just made my own.

#12 40 days ago

Many thanks L. Wasn’t aware that was there. Jersey Jack sure does make a nice machine. I’ll plug in the sub later this evening thanks again

#13 40 days ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

I've got Pinnoators' sub breakouts on all my pins. Highly recommended and easy to install.

#14 40 days ago

Damn I never knew that about jjp games.

Very cool

#15 40 days ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Damn I never knew that about jjp games.

Only on WOZ.

#16 40 days ago

Ok, plugged in the sub and got nothing out. Went through the menus and did not see anything for turning on or off that output that LTG suggested. I know the sub is good and wiring is good. Any suggestions?? Thank you

#17 40 days ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Any suggestions??

Cables inside all hooked up ?

#19 40 days ago

Post #24.

#20 39 days ago

Seems like maybe I misunderstood. Is the line out in the back of WOZ an rca or a 3.5mm jack. Maybe ltg can weigh in here as he is very knowledgeable on this brand. That would be the issue for sure if it is not an rca as I only used a straight rca to rca for the connect to my sub. Thanks guys

#22 39 days ago

Ok. It is a 3.5mm plug. All good. Just sort of looked like an rca. Thanks fellas

2 weeks later
    #23 23 days ago

Give us a look:

https://pinwoofer.com/

Let me know if I can help or answer any questions.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.95
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside