• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by pintechev
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 32 days ago

Gang:

I noticed that the wiring and molex plug already existed in the backbox, but there was no knocker installed in Monster Bash.

The manual reflects the wiring to be associated with solenoid 7 which is designated as "not used".

So, I wired one up and went into test mode only to get...nothing.

Has anyone added a knocker to Monster Bash or have some insight that they can share?

Thanks!

#2 32 days ago

As far as I know, you can't test it, but it should work during the game nonetheless. Don't forget to turn off the fake knocker (A.2.17).

#3 32 days ago

Some games work, some don’t. I’ve not figured out why.

Maybe test the transistor that powers the knocker, I don’t think it’s used by anything else and may not work.

#4 32 days ago

Last I knew it was a software issue that had been rectified by Chicago Coin. Revision 1.03 I believe. CC and PBL I believe sell kits if necessary.

Thanks
Blake

#5 31 days ago

Thanks for the feedback, all!

I have already wired up a full kit...and was wondering if it was software because in the test menu it jumps from solenoid 6 to solenoid 8 w/o even an option for testing solenoid 7.

I have NOT disabled the fake knocker antinea so I will do that next, increase the match percentage and see if I can get it to fire outside of the test menu.

All this talk of fake versus real knockers DOES make it hard not to act immature...

#6 31 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Thanks for the feedback, all!
I have already wired up a full kit...and was wondering if it was software because in the test menu it jumps from solenoid 6 to solenoid 8 w/o even an option for testing solenoid 7.
I have NOT disabled the fake knocker antinea so I will do that next, increase the match percentage and see if I can get it to fire outside of the test menu.
All this talk of fake versus real knockers DOES make it hard not to act immature...

Is this the original MB or remake? If remake what code are you running?

Thanks
Blake

#7 31 days ago

This is an original build, Blake.

#8 31 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

This is an original build, Blake.

Oh my bad. Let me look into it as many folks have recalled having originals with working knockers (obviously a successful aftermarket installation). I thought it was CC. They just recently released new code updates enabling the use of actual knockers.

Thanks
Blake

#9 31 days ago

Ok, mystery solved, Shaggy!

Turns out that after adding the mech, one simply needs to turn the default setting for "knocker noise" to off.

Thanks to everyone who offered insight...Real knockers rule!

#10 31 days ago

does the remake have a knocker in it. i have the SE . the knocker sound on it is much better than the stern noise.

#11 31 days ago
Quoted from zaki:

does the remake have a knocker in it. i have the SE . the knocker sound on it is much better than the stern noise.

No but you can add one. And newer code allows for it to be utilized.

Thanks
Blake

#12 31 days ago
Quoted from Blake:

Thanks
Blake

Do you happen to know which knocker kit from PBL works with MBR?

#13 31 days ago

A friend has a MBR SE version. No knocker in it. Manual does not even show a knocker or it's wiring.

#14 31 days ago
Quoted from Blake:

Thanks
Blake

It's it worth it? Never heard a real knocker

#15 31 days ago
Quoted from zaki:

It's it worth it? Never heard a real knocker

Williams games like Black Knight had a knocker and a bell.
The sound is loud and would scare small animals...
Plus, everyone in the room would know that you were winning...
If you got the high score, it would normally knock 3 times... (like the song)
If you get the bell ringing (a loud big bell) everyone in the room knew that you were winning as well.
Sounded like the bell they used to ring at my school when it was time to move to a new classroom.
Or the sound on a slot machine that has hit the jackpot.

#16 31 days ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

A friend has a MBR SE version. No knocker in it. Manual does not even show a knocker or it's wiring.

Correct. It reproduces the original which didn’t have a hardware knocker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside